• Register Today It's free!

Larger gas tank '23 Explorer?

jweaks

Reaction score
City, State
Odessat, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer XLT
Anyone have a source / solution for a larger gas tank for a 2023 Explorer XLT?

When pulling our RV, we get about 11mpg and have to stop every less than 3 hours for gas.

Any other way to improve mpg? We have the tow package, and a brake controller. Pulling a 4k lb RV.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I pulled my dad's Kawasaki Mule ~400 miles each way over the winter & was lucky to break into double digit MPG. Just over 100 miles range on a single tank.
Next time, I'll just take our Expedition instead.

Anyone have a source / solution for a larger gas tank for a 2023 Explorer XLT?

When pulling our RV, we get about 11mpg and have to stop every less than 3 hours for gas.

Any other way to improve mpg? We have the tow package, and a brake controller. Pulling a 4k lb RV.
I don't think that you can change the size of the tank unless you could fit a 20.2 gallon tank. The sizes are likely resticted by the chassis design.

1711816280294.png

Peter

Interesting that the V6 models get a 20gal tank. Not a huge difference, but does make one curious if it could be fit to a 2.3
I know this was a fairly common swap on the F150 side when I had my 2016. Took some Forscan coding to get the gauge to read correctly as well, IIRC.

Back