• Register Today It's free!

Leaf Spring Helper

Mendonca00

Reaction score
City, State
Exeter, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT v6 2wd
Alright I bought these "Leaf Spring Helpers" from pepboys because the back end of my car is sagging.... I have the 3" tt in the front and the shackles in the back.....and I wanna lift the back up just a little more....this is supposed to lift it like 2". But the problem is instead of going between the last two leaf springs it just hooks onto the bottom leaf spring?? has anyone done this or heard of it? Because I don't understand how its going to lift my car....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Moved to Shocks ansd suspensions forum...

not sure, but it might be intended for a spring over axel set-up, where putting something between the bottom of the spring pack and the top of the axel would lift it (but for spring-under explorers it would do nothing)...just a guess...

don't worry I took that crap back! just ordered the explorer pro comp add-a-leaf from summitracing! it was like 42 bucks sent to my house! im gunna do it this comming up weekend! =)

The AALs are the way to go, they will give your truck some more lift. the helper springs don't do anything till there is weight in the truck and once the suspension starts sagging it helps stiffen everything up.

Back