LED fig light conversion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED fig light conversion

Reaction score
City, State
Comerio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xls 4wd
Has anyone done an LED fog light conversion yet I can't seem to find the right bulb for it I know the bulb was H1 which goes into a connector/socket that connects to the harness but the LED bulbs that that I see don't work that way they usually just have two wires and can't be twisted on to the lamp

Where have you looked? I see several H1 LED bulbs that ground through the mounting plate like H1 bulbs do.

Why would you want to ruin your fog lights? If you had to, you could modify the housing and/or put a different connector on. The problem is the idiots making the automotive LED bulbs are catering to the crowd that has no concept of glare or legality so they're trying to make them as bright as possible, in a high-glare cold/bluish color temperature. Buyers want to pretend that if their light is bluer, their ride has been transformed into a futuristic space ship.

That's the worst ~white hue possible for penetrating fog, and the worst place to use them because fog lights are wide beam. Fog lights are most effective with a color temperature under 3000K.

Anyway, if the bulb you want has two wires, you simply run the 2nd wire to any ground point, for example a screw in the housing since it was grounded.

Back