Lets get another BIG California run going! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets get another BIG California run going!

I'm in too and open for any date that is planned. As long as we can decide on a date soon so I can give my work fair warning. It will also give me me incentive to button up my half finished projects. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stic-o said:
The only things that give me hope is that I've heard a zuk on 32's made it and Bkennedy did the con on 33's.....Of corse I think he got draged through it and said he would never think twice about doing it on 33's again.
Just a correction: it was Ray Lobato the did the Con on 33s. BKennedy ran 35s, and ran the trail like it was a fire road. :)

Stic-o said:
I was just reding over at Pirate that Dusy is 33 miles long and takes at least 2 days. This is due to traffic I understand and that it's still a tuff trail. A Zuk on 32's has made it through, so that tells me there is hope. However there are still lots of trails in that area.

I ran it the last two labor days. As long as you dont get behind a group towing trailers up tompson the traffic isnt that bad. First year we saw about 30 rigs. Last year we probably saw 15 the whole weekend.

We had 2 cj5s in our group one on 31"s and one on 32"s that have run the trail numerus times (one of the guys his dad built the trail). They take some pretty hard hits on the rocker and usually a few pulls on a winch.

You will be flying to do it in 2 days and will miss alot of the nice things of the trail mainly the fishing. 3 days would be the fastest I would want to do it in.

Matt

Well I'm gonna wait and see how this weekend goes. If I have no problems going through Miller jeep trail I think we'll plan this. I will probally not have the money before then to put in a locker, unless I find one really cheap. I will have time for armour though. This is the type of trip where you need to be able to trust the people your wheeling with, not a bunch of yahoos in the middle of the woods. Medical attention is hours or even a day or two away.(or real $$$$$) This is a serious trail. Not a dirt road. I honestly think I probally have no bussiness doing something like this.....yet. However I belive with the right people this would be great fun and we could make it through safely. Maybe I'm over exaggerating, but I'm only going by what I've read. :rolleyes:

Maybe it would be best to just get a big group to the area and do the other surounding trails, more like a T-haven or Moab thing. Not something where people are gone for three days. we can always do Dusy later. This will give us a feel for the area and plan better for dusy in the future. Let's enjoy are selfs. :exporange

Thoughts? :rolleyes:

There are other trails. Fordyce. Deer Valley. Ummmm I know of some others just can't think of them. Those trails aren't 33 miles long.

Actually, on the Rubicon, I was doing the dragging cause Ray was on 33's. I ran it on 35's with a lot more lift than Ray's 4", and F/R lockers. I didn't get strapped at all, that I can remember. I did back up and go for a different line about 100 times though, that trail is all rocks.

Subscribe

(I'm going to be up near there next week - but with a mini-van full of Boy Scouts - watching all the "rigs" drive by)

Brother_of_Jefe said:
Subscribe

(I'm going to be up near there next week - but with a mini-van full of Boy Scouts - watching all the "rigs" drive by)

John see if you can can scout some stuff out while your up there...if you have time that is....I'll talk to you more about it on saturday.

Back