• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

The California End of Summer Run.

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
hmm.. then i guess someone has to jump on the band wagon and reserve some campsites for us if we want to get this thing started.
I'm willing to share a campsite with medanaco and warform.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
what camp are we planning on camping at? edison or dorabella? i'd like to have a campsite close to you guys?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
I don't know enough about the area, thats why I 'm doing a pre-run of sorts this weekend. I'd like to find a place where we could all camp! I will have alot more info at the begiing of next week. :rolleyes:

Mendonca00

Reaction score
City, State
Exeter, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT v6 2wd
lol I'd be down to camp with anyone =) Hopefully not by myself....get scurrreddd

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I'm not sure about camping either. We usually primitive camp way way up there! Hopefully Stic-o can find out some info this weekend.

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
yeh. the sooner the better, i dont want to call off for a weekend and then find out its a no go for the run?

Crazy5711

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Twentynine Palms, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport (Dead and Gone)
I'd like to go too, but the cost of fuel will really hurt, unless I can get someone to split the cost with me. Not to mention I'm still shy some of the required equipment.

Felix, give me a call or stop by and we'll talk.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have returned! :D

..and with succsess. ;) I found a place for us all to camp. There are no restrooms there but there are some just 3 miles down the road. We can have a fire, (I got a fire permit) and it is clase to all the trails. Also there is no fee to stay there. It's a first come-first serve basis. But on Saturday at about noon there were only 2 people camed there. So I belive we will perfectly fine. There about 14 or so camping spots. I will have more info and pictures later. Just got back in. ;) I was unable to look at any trails dur to I rented a Mustang for the weekend, and paid for it just in the gas mileage I saved.

Oh' yeah Yosemite was beautiful, and Squioas are really big :rolleyes:

Fusion213

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT 5.0L
I'm up for it, hopefully I can get mine back to offroading status before the run.

Brans Freestyle

Reaction score
City, State
Northridge, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Ranger 4x4
I'm interesting in going, but it's the first weekend of school for me, so I don't know for sure if I'll be able to go. But hell, a 5 and a half hour drive would be worth it for a good weekend of offroading :D.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Brans Freestyle said:
I'm interesting in going, but it's the first weekend of school for me, so I don't know for sure if I'll be able to go. But hell, a 5 and a half hour drive would be worth it for a good weekend of offroading :D.

5 And a Half! :eek:

It only took me 3 to fresno, and maybe another 45 min or so up the hill. and I stoped for dinner.

+ I'm coming from LA! :rolleyes:

Brans Freestyle

Reaction score
City, State
Northridge, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Ranger 4x4
Stupid mapquest said 5 last time I checked to the desitination, but now it's saying 4 lol. But I don't trust those maps anyway, plus I'm moving down to Northridge to go to school, so it's going to be more of a straight shot.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
New info is now up! Please check first page for all info.

I will be starting a new Thread for a sign up link will be below shortly as well as on first page. ;)

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
anybody coming from downsouth driving on the 101 want to all drive down there together? I live in pismo.

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
If were not going to run the Dusy at all then the only difficult trail left is Swamp, at least according to my map. Couldn't part of the Dusy be ran and then turn around???

canes

Reaction score
City, State
Fla but live in VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Does sound like fun but I am way in VA and have to go to Fla for Laborday weekend. Maybe the east coast guys will do something!

Thanks for the invite though.
Go Canes!

Reggie Newton

Reaction score
City, State
Superior, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT, V8, AWD
Damn!!! That sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm moving to Montana that very weekend and I'll be a little tied up... I'll catch you guys on another trip soon enough.

Bobby Locs

Reaction score
City, State
Tracy, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Expedition
Sorry if I might have missed it in one of the other post, But is their any boating up their.. I have friend with a boat and might try to get it if so. Its a ski boat.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Anyone have a copy of the email I sent out about this? If so please PM it to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
I just signed up. there's about four of us signed up, 2 out of the 4 are maybe's. It'd be sweet if 20+ trucks showed up to this event.