The California End of Summer Run. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The California End of Summer Run.

hmm.. then i guess someone has to jump on the band wagon and reserve some campsites for us if we want to get this thing started.
I'm willing to share a campsite with medanaco and warform.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what camp are we planning on camping at? edison or dorabella? i'd like to have a campsite close to you guys?

I don't know enough about the area, thats why I 'm doing a pre-run of sorts this weekend. I'd like to find a place where we could all camp! I will have alot more info at the begiing of next week. :rolleyes:

lol I'd be down to camp with anyone =) Hopefully not by myself....get scurrreddd

I'm not sure about camping either. We usually primitive camp way way up there! Hopefully Stic-o can find out some info this weekend.

yeh. the sooner the better, i dont want to call off for a weekend and then find out its a no go for the run?

I'd like to go too, but the cost of fuel will really hurt, unless I can get someone to split the cost with me. Not to mention I'm still shy some of the required equipment.

Felix, give me a call or stop by and we'll talk.

I have returned! :D

..and with succsess. ;) I found a place for us all to camp. There are no restrooms there but there are some just 3 miles down the road. We can have a fire, (I got a fire permit) and it is clase to all the trails. Also there is no fee to stay there. It's a first come-first serve basis. But on Saturday at about noon there were only 2 people camed there. So I belive we will perfectly fine. There about 14 or so camping spots. I will have more info and pictures later. Just got back in. ;) I was unable to look at any trails dur to I rented a Mustang for the weekend, and paid for it just in the gas mileage I saved.

Oh' yeah Yosemite was beautiful, and Squioas are really big :rolleyes:

I'm up for it, hopefully I can get mine back to offroading status before the run.

I'm interesting in going, but it's the first weekend of school for me, so I don't know for sure if I'll be able to go. But hell, a 5 and a half hour drive would be worth it for a good weekend of offroading :D.

Brans Freestyle said:
I'm interesting in going, but it's the first weekend of school for me, so I don't know for sure if I'll be able to go. But hell, a 5 and a half hour drive would be worth it for a good weekend of offroading :D.

5 And a Half! :eek:

It only took me 3 to fresno, and maybe another 45 min or so up the hill. and I stoped for dinner.

+ I'm coming from LA! :rolleyes:

Stupid mapquest said 5 last time I checked to the desitination, but now it's saying 4 lol. But I don't trust those maps anyway, plus I'm moving down to Northridge to go to school, so it's going to be more of a straight shot.

New info is now up! Please check first page for all info.

I will be starting a new Thread for a sign up link will be below shortly as well as on first page. ;)

Last edited:

anybody coming from downsouth driving on the 101 want to all drive down there together? I live in pismo.

If were not going to run the Dusy at all then the only difficult trail left is Swamp, at least according to my map. Couldn't part of the Dusy be ran and then turn around???

Does sound like fun but I am way in VA and have to go to Fla for Laborday weekend. Maybe the east coast guys will do something!

Thanks for the invite though.
Go Canes!

Damn!!! That sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm moving to Montana that very weekend and I'll be a little tied up... I'll catch you guys on another trip soon enough.

Sorry if I might have missed it in one of the other post, But is their any boating up their.. I have friend with a boat and might try to get it if so. Its a ski boat.

Anyone have a copy of the email I sent out about this? If so please PM it to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just signed up. there's about four of us signed up, 2 out of the 4 are maybe's. It'd be sweet if 20+ trucks showed up to this event.

Back