Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
The California End of Summer Run.

Join us for a weekend of Good Off-roading Good fishing and Good Company!
618343.jpg

This run is going to be for everyone! Even if you’re a streeter and want to do a little camping and fishing and see what some of offroading is all about.

Where: Shaver Lake ,Centraly located just east of Fresno, CA

map.gif

How to get there:

From N. Cal.
Take Hwy 99 South to Fresno. Then take the Hwy 180 East to Hwy. 168 East. Contine up the hill on Hwy. 168

From S. Cal.
Hwy 5 North to Hwy 99 North to Fresno. Then take Hwy. 41 North to Hwy. 180 East to Hwy 168 East. Contine up the hill on Hwy. 168

Once going up the hill. There is a small gas station in Prather, called Tiny Mart. This is the last gas I saw going up the hill. So fill up at the bottom or here. However gas was not cheap here at $2.39 a Gallon for Reg. Not to long after this you will come to a stop sign. 168 contines to your left. Make the left and go north about 14 miles. On your right you will see a big "Napa" sign at Dinky Creek Road. Turn right here and the camp ground is 3 miles north on your right. There will be a "Serious Explorations" sign at the camp ground. There are no other signs there.

Map:
12287to_camp_copy-med.jpg

The Camp:

There is NO FACILITYS HEREThat means no running water, or Toilets. However there are both just 3 mile south. It is a nice wooded area with plenty of places to pitch a tent or park a trailer. This is a first come camp, but at noon on saturday there were only 2 people there. So we should be fine.

Fire:
We can have a fire, but fire permits are required. I sugest picking one up at any Ranger station in California. There is no cost, and it is good year around.
You are reqired to carry a Shovel and a bucket to have a fire here.

Staying in town:
For those of you you who don't like the great outdoors so much, there are local motels 3 miles down the road. One of the are the "Musick Creek Inn, (559) 841-3323 or the Dinky Creek Inn (559) 841-3435. More info on the area can be found here Shaver Lake Chamber

When: August 27th-29th

From the map below you will see there are plenty of places to offroad.
12287Shaver_Lake_area-med.jpg

From easy: Which any SUV could do.
ohvroadvoyagerrocklg.jpg

58. White Bark Vista
64. Voyager Rock

To mild: For the person who would like to have some fun and use that 4x4
MM2002-22.jpg

61. Brewer Lake

To Difficult: For all the Hard Core guys
David-9.jpg

SHAV100-Samurai2.jpg

SHAV135-Swamp-Lake8.jpg

59. Mirror/Strawberry Lakes
60. Coyote Lake
62. Bald Mountain
63. Swamp Lake
65. Dusy (we will not be doing this trail do to length and time)
66. Spanish Route

Eqipment

There will be a pot luck dinner Saturday night.

Signed up So Far: 9
Stic-o
Rick
Positive Vibes
My93X
Bobby Locs
Clarkkent
Bkenndy
Golaith
Mendonca00

Please bring Firewood!

Let's Wheel! :bounce:

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

!

Sounds like fun!

Stic-o, we do a lot of camping up there. I will get my books out and try and dig up some more info. Depending where we go, there is a hot springs with cabins way up there by where we camp. Most the camping is primitive (at least where we go) but I know there are regular campsites also (down lower). I will try and find more info this weekend. Also like you said we should do a pre-run.

Positive Vibes said:
Stic-o, we do a lot of camping up there. I will get my books out and try and dig up some more info. Depending where we go, there is a hot springs with cabins way up there by where we camp. Most the camping is primitive (at least where we go) but I know there are regular campsites also (down lower). I will try and find more info this weekend. Also like you said we should do a pre-run.

Let me know what you find up there. John (Bro of Jefe) is going up there next weekend so I'll ask him to check out what he can too. I'm thinking The last weekend of July for a pre-run. July 31-Aug. 1st

I will find out as much info as I can this weekend.

Brother of Jefe, where and when you going and with whom??

Positive Vibes said:
Brother of Jefe, where and when you going and with whom??
From the thread that started this:
Brother_of_Jefe said:
(I'm going to be up near there next week - but with a mini-van full of Boy Scouts - watching all the "rigs" drive by)

Doh!!! Forgot about that. My mind was focused on wheeling.

I will plan to make this run.

hahaha how professional does that sound? I have to rebuild my TTB again, seals are leaking again, probably from all the damn rocks I have smacked since wheeling with you guys out here! Its okay this time I have a skid plate, that will help. :)

I'll be keeping August 27th-29th open for this trip, I reeeeeeeeeealy need to get out....

Here are some of the people who have shown intrest. I would like to get a 20+ truck run going here, and if all goes well a yearly event.

Intrested:
Stic-o
Positive Vibes
Brother of Jefe
410 Fortune
Bobby Locs
Rick
DB1
Dannyboy
Bkennedy

Do you want me to send an announcement by email to all the members in the Western states?

Rick said:
Do you want me to send an announcement by email to all the members in the Western states?

That would be Great Rick! :thumbsup: I'd really appreciate that! ;)

725 Miles is just a bit too far for me. Expecially with a new baby!!

Maybe in a couple years I could make this one!

I'm guaranteed not to have any more babies!! (snip, snip)

Sounds like an amazing journey,but from eastern canada it would be a little too far. Besides, with 35" cooper mud terrains, the fuel bill would be huge. Thanks for the notice, hopefully you will hold some on the east coast some time.

rick i would like to join your crew however i dont have a 4x4 explorer only its only 2x4
so i dont think that i would fit in. if anything please drop me a line.

91Gem

count me in

hey! count me in i will try to get off. when drivin up there u are going to pass my house since im about 20 min away from shaver. it is going to be alot of fun i cant wait to see all of your rides.

/me subscribes.

I'm interested... but I can't commit to anything much more than marking it on my calendar and looking up local lodging just yet.

count me in.

lets wheel!!!

-joshua

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your talking late August huh. If all goes right I may have my SAS done. Only problem is I may not get to do any test runs in to make sure everything is good to go.

I may see what DB-1's plans are and join him if my truck is not finished by then.

Back