The California End of Summer Run. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The California End of Summer Run.

OK picture time

This is where you enter.

P1
12287Yosemite_017_copy.gif

This is looking where my wife is standing in the above picture and doing a 145* turn to your right.

P2
12287Yosemite_016_copy.gif

notice the large travel trailer on the left. There is another large spot like this about 75 ft from the trailers front door. looking stright down the trail is where most of the spaces are.

This is down the trail 50 feet looking back. Notice the same trailer again. As you can see this could be a tight spot for large trailers.

P3
12287Yosemite_011_copy.gif

Turning 90* to our right you see what look like a trail, but is not. ther are 3 or 4 space up this lane on left and right.

P4
12287Yosemite_012_copy.gif

Now doing a 180* turn ( or 90* left forom P3) you will see there are many open space . Almost like a place to circle the wagons. This has a fire pit in the middle. ( the main road is only about 30 feet behind the trees in the backround)

P5
12287Yosemite_010_copy.gif

There are more place a few feet down the road. This is what the average spot looks like.

P6
12287Yosemite_006_copy.gif

This is a few miles down the main road.

P7
12287Yosemite_004_copy.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the visuals :):thumbsup:

I'm still not sure if I can make it, but I'm certainly going to try.

hey what are they talking about when they say sign up?? for like a main run or something???

kdogg212001 said:
hey what are they talking about when they say sign up?? for like a main run or something???

That would be to count so we know how many people are goind to attend. :rolleyes:

Stic-O, is a RV spot big enough for my Pop's 36'er near that big "circle the wagons" spot?

If so, I will grab that circle with the firepit inside for us when I arrive Wed or Thurs. I will park my trailer under the trees in a shady spot and park the Ex in the middle of the circle. Maybe throw a few chairs around.

On another note, it was real hot there last week (100+) but this week its 85 in the daytime and high 50's at night. Good wheelin' weather. ;)

BKennedy said:
Stic-O, is a RV spot big enough for my Pop's 36'er near that big "circle the wagons" spot?

If so, I will grab that circle with the firepit inside for us when I arrive Wed or Thurs. I will park my trailer under the trees in a shady spot and park the Ex in the middle of the circle. Maybe throw a few chairs around.

On another note, it was real hot there last week (100+) but this week its 85 in the daytime and high 50's at night. Good wheelin' weather. ;)

Brian, I don't know if you can get a moterhome in there :rolleyes: If you look at "P3" you would have to drive through there. I think that trees may hang down to far for a large RV. Come to think of it...I don't know if rick can get his Camper in there :banghead: I totaly forgot about that.

Here is the spot stright out from the trailer in "P2" There may be more spots over there. I never even looked over there. :banghead:

12287Yosemite_015_copy.gif

..and rick will be happy :D We did the trip in the right car!

12287Yosemite_052_copy.gif

Too bad it was a rental. :burnout:

Oh yeah! why havn't other people signed up yet? :frustrate :

like Bill, Dave, Felix, John (Jefe already gave his exscuse)...there are some others too.

Stic-o said:
e_052_copy.gif[/IMG]
Oh yeah! why havn't other people signed up yet? :frustrate :

like Bill, Dave, Felix, John (Jefe already gave his exscuse)...there are some
others too.

Cause they are all scared sissy la la's!

Positive Vibes said:
Cause they are all scared sissy la la's!

Bill's not a sissy, he is having problems with his rig. I don't know about the other sissy's.

I am already getting excited about this trip!

BKennedy said:
Bill's not a sissy, he is having problems with his rig. I don't know about the other sissy's.

I am already getting excited about this trip!

We all know Bill isn't a sissy! But the others??????

I'm getting excited also. Still have to figure out how to hook up my front ARB locker?

Well, first you install your air compressor, then you run the little blue line to it and whalla! Front locker. Just remember the ARB is more like a spool than a locker, there is no give in them. I find it impossible to turn the front tires when they are both getting traction on hard surfaces like rocks. Its a good thing you can turn them off with the push of a button.

I wish I had a locker :( But sence I just about $1000 bucks in the last 3 months on tires, wheels and exsaust. It's gonna have to wait a little longer. Next on my agenda is building Bumpers & Sliders :hammer:

BKennedy said:
Well, first you install your air compressor, then you run the little blue line to it and whalla! Front locker. Just remember the ARB is more like a spool than a locker, there is no give in them. I find it impossible to turn the front tires when they are both getting traction on hard surfaces like rocks. Its a good thing you can turn them off with the push of a button.

Thanks Brian! What would I do without you? :rolleyes: I don't have an ARB compressor so I have to tee off my Quickair2 and install a pressure switch I also have to figure out the wiring for the switch. I got the locker of ebay so no instructions.

Yea yea yea, I know I'm a sissy. :p I really want to join you all up there, and if Brian was not going out on Wedsenday or Thursday I was going to ask to join him shotgun style.

As of right now my truck is working but not 4x4 working. I have to repack the passenger side wheel bearings and see if that squeak will go away. Then there is the matter of me having 4.56gears with a detroit in the back I just installed Wednesday. The problem is my front is still 3.73 open, dont think it will work to well like that.

I am trying to get everything done for my solid axle swap, I got the radius arms lower spring buckets and retainers all striped and painted just need the rest of the stuff now.

Oh well, if anyone from LA SD area is heading up and has a spare seat let me know. I will split gas and stuff with you. I just have to be home Sunday so I can get to work Monday.

Felix said:
Yea yea yea, I know I'm a sissy. :p I really want to join you all up there, and if Brian was not going out on Wedsenday or Thursday I was going to ask to join him shotgun style.

As of right now my truck is working but not 4x4 working. I have to repack the passenger side wheel bearings and see if that squeak will go away. Then there is the matter of me having 4.56gears with a detroit in the back I just installed Wednesday. The problem is my front is still 3.73 open, dont think it will work to well like that.

I am trying to get everything done for my solid axle swap, I got the radius arms lower spring buckets and retainers all striped and painted just need the rest of the stuff now.

Oh well, if anyone from LA SD area is heading up and has a spare seat let me know. I will split gas and stuff with you. I just have to be home Sunday so I can get to work Monday.

Where's that Bronco you bought! Get Dave to go and you shot gun with him. :D

I traded in the Bronco for an '04 Dodge Neon. :cool:

Guess I could steal the wifes car and drive that up there. Would be a large improvement on gas milage.

Dave's truck is down and out for a bit. Still needs the bed to be finished and the spring hangers are not 100%. He has a bunch of small stuff yet to do before Truck haven season.

We (Dave and I) have alot of work to do on our rigs before we get them back on the trails.

anybody going to take the us 101? i live in pismo, so if anybody wants to meet me there so we can caravan, that'd be great. PM me.

Is Jeff the little 2WD boy going to be able to atend this run without getting himself stuck?

I'm gonna have to sit out yet another run :fire: I've got some electrical demons I have to hunt down, battery is running down even though I recently
replaced the battery and alternator. Let's see...and my shackles are hitting my new rear bumper I made under full flex so thats not good plus one of my spring hangers is bent so i don't need that snapping off on the trail. I bought some super beefy ones from Sky mfg. only thing is they aren't a direct bolt on
so i have to make them fit. I have a few other little things to iron out too but i've just been so busy lately I haven't had time to work on my rig.

Oh, Dude you gotta come. Who we gonna watch roll if you don't show up? :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BKennedy said:
Oh, Dude you gotta come. Who we gonna watch roll if you don't show up? :p
Theres a first time for everyone Brian :p

Back