Lift Companies | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift Companies

Usually, yes.. but if your lift springs are already pushing the limit of your drop brackets then they could put you past the limit of being alignable.

Thats what I'm worried about with my new springs.. The duff 3.5" drop brackets are the same brackets that they use for there 2.5" lift so with the 3.5" springs the f-150 spacers may put me past the limit.

~Mark

Mark-

If I am able to ask the dealer if the drop brackets are the same as in the 6" kit, then I would most likely have the room for the extra (f-150 seat). Right?, but if they are the same as a 2" or 3" kit then I would not have enough adjustment?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just build it, im tellin ya

When I installed my lift my tires were actually cambered in and there wasnt any more adjustment left in the bushings to get it back to normal so I had to install a 1in spacer just to be able to get the camber back in specs. So I guess it also depends on your vehicle. But I should be able to run a 3in spacer which I'm not cuz thats just crazy.

91 -

Can you explain to me where you had to add the 1" spacer too? I also saw the "add-on" leaf pack that goes with the kit from E-bay, I might go that way, but like the idea of an almost free SOA. Do you have any picks of your explorer with the 4" Rough Country installed? any pick of the install or leaf springs?

just build it, im tellin ya

davey-

If your offering to build it free of charge, then I might consider. If not, well then.... I'm pretty good with a wrench, but do not have all the other fabrication tools at my disposal nor the engineering experience to try. My time is more valuable than trying to get this figured out. I'm looking for the tried (and proved) method.

91 -

Can you explain to me where you had to add the 1" spacer too? I also saw the "add-on" leaf pack that goes with the kit from E-bay, I might go that way, but like the idea of an almost free SOA. Do you have any picks of your explorer with the 4" Rough Country installed? any pick of the install or leaf springs?

The spacer goes under the coil.
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/factoryspacer.htm
And the lift kit I bought came with a full replacement 4in lift leaf spring not an add-a-leaf which only lifts about an 1 1/2 - 2in
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=320105151502&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MT:11

Thanks guys, I really apreciate the info for a new guy trying to get the best set-up the 1st time (best for reasonable $, had a shop quote me $1800 for a kit today...without labor:eek:)

They probably were trying to sell you the superlift kit with the superrunner option and all that. Its not a bad kit at all just kinda pricey but worth the money.

Mark-

If I am able to ask the dealer if the drop brackets are the same as in the 6" kit, then I would most likely have the room for the extra (f-150 seat). Right?, but if they are the same as a 2" or 3" kit then I would not have enough adjustment?

Yup.. you got it.. if the drop bracket they give you works for a 4" or 4" and 6" you should be fine. If they use the same drop bracket for a 2.5" and the 4" then you might have the issue.

BTW.. at about 4" of lift put on a dropped pitman arm. I did that to our truck it got rid of all the bump steer we got from installing the lift (put the inverted y steering back to more of a T setup).

~Mar

Back