Lift Companies | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift Companies

92greenexplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
What Lift Companies Make Lifts For My Explorer 4x4 92 I Am Sick Of Searching I Only Want To Spend About 450 For A Lift Kit I Dont Want More Then A 4 Inch Lift

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't think of any lift kits that will get you out the door for $450 or less other than body lifts.

You might be able to find some of the 2.5" or 3" kits for around $450-$500 when on sales (they don't give you new rear springs, you get an AAL). If the kit repalces the rear springs your well over your $450.

Another option is the f-150 spring seats up front, Warrior 153 shackles in the rear (war-153) and then a body lift (2"). That will get you close to 4" of lift and you will still be able to run your current shocks and get it aligned.

~Mark

EDIT: I was thinking of parts prices only.. no labor..

yeah for less than 500 dollars the f-150 coils seats and the warrior shackles are the cheapest way to go i just got quoted $1396 for a 4 inch lift for my 91' ex at less schwab buts thats with ;abor so it be more around $900 and thats just for a 4 inch

I spent $740 on my 4in lift kit with rear springs and I installed myself so no labor

What Kit did you buy, from who?

Quote:
I spent $740 on my 4in lift kit with rear springs and I installed myself so no labor

What kit did you buy, and from who?

Also, if I did a SOA in the rear, how much lift would that give me? If I do the SOA with the Shackles, how much lift, and what is the best way on a '91 EB Explorer to get the same lift up front?

An SOA is 5.5-6" of lift..
WAR-153 is 1.5" lift

IF you did both you would be clost to 7" of lift.

To lift the front you need either drop brackets + springs (kit) or something similar. Its easy/cheap to lift the rear. Its the front that you spend money on. You either need to go fancy (cut/turned beams) or get a kit (drop brackets) in addition to springs, shocks and possibly longer RA arms (most kits come with the springs/shocks and drop brackets).

~Mark

Quote:

What kit did you buy, and from who?

Also, if I did a SOA in the rear, how much lift would that give me? If I do the SOA with the Shackles, how much lift, and what is the best way on a '91 EB Explorer to get the same lift up front?

Its the Rough Country lift and I bought it off ebay. And if you do buy this kit, make sure you install the bump stop drop bracket or the axle drop bracket will punch a hole in your diff I was lucky enough to have it cut my breather hose clean off and just scrape the diff.

Would an Spring Over Axle conversion in the rear work with a 4" suspension lift in the front?

Here's what I'm thinking...I could purchase the Rough Country lift, put it on up front, then just do a SOA and not add any of the rear parts from the lift kit.

You would end up with 4" up front and 6" in the rear.. If your lucky you "might" be able to add f-150 spring seats under the front springs to get you to about 5.5" up front..

Thats basically my plan.. Take my 3.5" lift + f-150 spacers (spring seats) up front and an SOA in the rear (I might go with 5" shackles instead of the stock 5.5").. When the explorer is sitting flat it still looks like its sagging the rear so I'll have the rear up a little.

~Mark

What about those 2in coil spacers? I dont how hard it would be to align with those though. 5" lift shackles?

I never used 2' spacers.. I use f-150 spring seats (1 5/8 tall.. give close to 2" lift)...

5" shackles.. stock is 5.5".. they will drop the rear about 1/4" or so I need to check the math, but I believe 4.5" is as short as I can go with stock spring length before I mess up the angle of the shackle.

I will problably go with OME (Old man emu.. part of ARB) rear springs again (very soft) but instead of the OME-36 (2.5" lift) I'll go with the stock height set.

~Mark

Mark -

I had thought about the f-150 coil spring seats when you said 5.5 - 6" for the SOA in the earlier post. So, it sounds like it would be "ok" to put a spring seat under a lift?

Mark -

I had thought about the f-150 coil spring seats when you said 5.5 - 6" for the SOA in the earlier post. So, it sounds like it would be "ok" to put a spring seat under a lift?

Usually, yes.. but if your lift springs are already pushing the limit of your drop brackets then they could put you past the limit of being alignable.

Thats what I'm worried about with my new springs.. The duff 3.5" drop brackets are the same brackets that they use for there 2.5" lift so with the 3.5" springs the f-150 spacers may put me past the limit.

~Mark

When I installed my lift my tires were actually cambered in and there wasnt any more adjustment left in the bushings to get it back to normal so I had to install a 1in spacer just to be able to get the camber back in specs. So I guess it also depends on your vehicle. But I should be able to run a 3in spacer which I'm not cuz thats just crazy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

or u could just build ur own 6'' lift that would be free like me

Back