• Register Today It's free!

Locking hub question

H8IMPORTS

Reaction score
City, State
Fultondale
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 4.0 4WD
I was wondering can you drive with the Warn Manual hubs locked without the 4WD engaged in the woods without hurting the hubs? I like seeing what I can do in 2WD and then if I need it putting it in 4WD to get me out. I won't like getting out in a mud hole to engage the hubs. LOL

Thanks chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I know that I am going to go mudding and it isnt that far away I will lock in my hubs before I even leave the house. I havent had any problems yet, plus I also like to see what I can do in 2wd, wich is quite a bit I love the x.

I see no problems locking them in and engaging 4x4 on the fly... The only downside is less mpg due to the extra drag of the front drive train.

so, in theory i could drive around on hard concrete all day without any issues, as long as the front diff is not engaged?

Thanx

so, in theory i could drive around on hard concreate all day without and issues, as long as the front diff is not engadged?

Thanx

That's no theory thats fact (provided you don't have a front locker).. We have members up in Canada that leave their hubs locked most of the time and just engage the T-case when needed..

thanks, i was pretty sure of that, i just didn't want to test it without any prior thought, lol.

Thanks

i leave mine locked most of the time till i put in my front locker

Thanks!!!

Chris

Back