Manual locking hub question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manual locking hub question

Reaction score
City, State
Bonney lake wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Mazda navajo
So I bought some used hubs from the Wrecking yard for my Navajo a while back. I had one fail today do i decided to tear it apart and see what broke. When I took the hub off the wheel studs a big snap ring fell out. The first part that came out of the hub looked like it didn't even belong there. I tore it completely down and it looks like when that snap ring came off it disengaged under load and stripped the end of the splines. I cleaned it up and greased everything and when re assembling I couldn't get that first piece to go back In. It looks like the wrong part to me. I found a video of a guy servicing his warn hubs and the internal components look different than what I have. These hubs have no stickers and nothing stamped on them. Can anyone with non warn hubs post some pictures of theirs dis assembled do i can get an idea of what these are and what the internal components look like. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

I don't think I've ever taken one of mine apart.. Well, I do have one that let go and when it went the snap ring came out and it chewed up the splines on the end of the axle...

This way they are $35 each at the yard so I have 4 spares.. well 3 now... I've had good luck.. I haven't been killing them..

~Mark

Back