• Register Today It's free!

Long Shop Times

JAMADOR

Reaction score
City, State
Spring, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited RWD
Took my Explorer in 2 weeks ago, today, for a list of warranty/recall/TSB work.
Called this morning for an update & to add an item.
Nearly everything is done, but they're still, worst case, 2 weeks out to address my transmission issue.

Had to go to a dealer a bit further away than my preferred dealer, as my preferred couldn't get me in until mid October.

So far:
Backup camera recall
360 Camera TSB
Window switch TSB
Weak cooled driver's seat
Random alarm trigger
Passenger mirror won't properly recall memory setting
Driver's mirror squeaks/jerks when folding
Max heat from front passenger dash vents when system was on Auto/72*
Jerky transmission behavior at parking lot/traffic speeds
Wiper Motor? Guess there must be a TSB/recall I wasn't aware of, but they did that too

Added on today, that you can't fuel the truck with the nozzle fully inserted, have to back it out an inch or so to not get interrupted fill-ups.

Dealer doesn't do loaners, so I've been driving my dad's very thirsty 6.2l V8 2012 Denali XL [Suburban]. Averaging about 15MPG commuting in it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sounds miserable. It's amazing how many excuses the dealerships have for slow service.

This is why I didn't get an extended warranty and chose to fix things myself even if it would have been covered under warranty. The wait for service appointments and time spent at the dealer are a huge waste of my time.

COVID was and has been the most-used blanket excuse for all poor customer service across many businesses.

Well they had all but the transmission done in about a week. Even back when I booked the appt, most dealers were severely behind in the trans/heavy line dept.
Pretty sure it's just a reflash, but it's taking forever to get a tech in front of it.

Got the call yesterday that it's done & ready for pick up.
Since they didn't have any loaners, I've been in my dad's Suburban the past 2 months. Having to get a lift to work from a coworker & a lift to the dealer from my boss, so I don't end up with 2 trucks at the office.
Hoping it's all done & proper, not sure how a recheck works for a warranty repair if you're out of warranty when the recheck occurs. I've got a bit over 1k miles or mid-Dec before my B2B is up.

Got the call yesterday that it's done & ready for pick up.
Since they didn't have any loaners, I've been in my dad's Suburban the past 2 months. Having to get a lift to work from a coworker & a lift to the dealer from my boss, so I don't end up with 2 trucks at the office.
Hoping it's all done & proper, not sure how a recheck works for a warranty repair if you're out of warranty when the recheck occurs. I've got a bit over 1k miles or mid-Dec before my B2B is up.

I believe work done at the dealership has a 1 year 12,000 mile warranty. Others may want to jump in to confirm.

I believe work done at the dealership has a 1 year 12,000 mile warranty. Others may want to jump in to confirm.

You are correct for repairs the owner did not participate financially in. (Ie: Warranty work).

Thanks for that, that's a relief & I'll be sure to ask about that when I pick it up tonight.

Got it back last night, all seems good so far.
Briefly had an issue where the power liftgate wasn't working, but we got it back pretty quickly [it was on in the settings].
Big adjustment coming from a 13 year old Suburban back to the Ex.

Notes from the 6 page RO

Backup camera recall - IPMB software updated. No hardware replaced. SA said if the blue screen comes back, they'll replace the camera, they have the cameras but no harnesses, so they can't do them yet.

360 Camera TSB - Grille & mirrors cameras replaced. Part nos: JL7Z*19G490*D & GD9Z*19G490*M [Camera Asy]. Image is crystal clear now & shows a door open icon on the mirror cameras if the door is opened.

Window switch TSB - All 7 window switch tips replaced, part no: LB5Z*14A268*AB [Cap]

Weak cooled driver's seat - Could not replicate issue, no action. Tried it on the drive home & it works like expected.

Random alarm trigger - Updated RGTM module per SSM 49015. Will have to wait & see if it happens again.

Passenger mirror won't properly recall memory setting - Mirrors synchronized per SSM 51937

Driver's mirror squeaks/jerks when folding - Must have been addressed in either the 360 camera replacement or the SSM51937 update. No RO line for this

Max heat from front passenger dash vents when system was on Auto/72* - Could not replicate. Was very intermittent before, has only happened twice

Jerky transmission behavior at parking lot/traffic speeds - Adaptive tables cleared, performed adaptive drive cycle & main control accelerated break in for clutches B & C. TSB 23-2250

Wiper Motor? Guess there must be a TSB/recall I wasn't aware of, but they did that too - No RO line on this one & wasn't mentioned other than on the phone once.

Back