look what the dealer did to my Explorer! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

look what the dealer did to my Explorer!

haha that is equivalent to saying which road were you on when you got into an accident so i can avoid that road..

i dont think it was so much as the "road" but that fact that stupid people tend to drive down it. it wasnt the "accident" that bothers some, but the afterwards. lets say someone runs over your dog and then just hands you a check for a dog (not new puppy) but one minus the years...and says there you go...smile, go find another dog and be happy and have a good day....would you feel like they didnt hand it right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The accident may not have been their fault directly, but it was probably caused by their negligence. Either in properly lifting it or in maintaining their equipment. Congrats on the new truck, sounds like you came out ahead.

I love that pic, great reflection and gloss... although someone forgot to detail the rest of your wheel well...I see a dirty engine lol. Have you waxed it, or is that your first pic after getting it from the dealer?

but they could have offered something to show that they were sorry for it and not be out much except embarrassment for it but that would have been over-looked had they fessed up to it and made a deal. it would have gone a long way in showing future customers that hey take care of their customers.

maybe fix the vehicle and something free in the future.. but to expect the vehicle paid off plus a check plus a new vehicle... come on.. if thats the case next time mine is on the lift i am going to push it off..

that is just insane lol...

I am sure they have insurance for this sort of thing. It's only a car.

That said, i wish all of my cars would be dropped off a lift somewhere. Oh well.

I am sure they have insurance for this sort of thing. It's only a car.

I agree but to have some people say cause an accident happened.. that everything should be paid off and they should give me a new vehicle and a check on top of that. lol

so i live on a corner and if someone runs the stop sign and puts their car into my house that means their insurance should pay off my house buy me a new one and have money on top of that???

this is getting ridiculous

maybe fix the vehicle and something free in the future.. but to expect the vehicle paid off plus a check plus a new vehicle... come on.. if thats the case next time mine is on the lift i am going to push it off..

that is just insane lol...

not once did i suggest that they pay the truck offgf plus give him a check....:confused:

if he had payments, they would just be transfered to the new truck at the same rate and amount as though nothing had happen. if the truck was paid off, well then this wouldnt be an issue...:cool:

that was really insane to think i was saying he should have his cake and eat it too....lol where in the world did you come to think of that.

I agree but to have some people say cause an accident happened.. that everything should be paid off and they should give me a new vehicle and a check on top of that. lol

so i live on a corner and if someone runs the stop sign and puts their car into my house that means their insurance should pay off my house buy me a new one and have money on top of that???

this is getting ridiculous

there you go again. first, you have your thinking totally wrong on how people are talking here. no one is suggesting that. the insurance would cover anything the dealership would file, but it would just be better if they gave a new truck (the customer handing back over the check they wrote) and applied to the price of a new truck at dealer cost. $20,000 should cover that easily....and then he continues to make payments on his prior loan (so he isnt getting anything free except a 2 year newer truck that is free of any accidents and mechanical problems) and then the dealership can fix the truck and resell it to recoup the money and in the process gain the trust of the customer in handling it all properly.

Which dealership was it in Lansing?

O*u*c*h

Well, whatever the outcome...lawyer, new explorer, etc...you MUST let us know what happens.

:dead: I'm sorry for your loss.

He did let us know. The dealership bought his truck from him and he went across town to Central Truck Ford and bought another 2005 Explorer.

It's all in the thread.

it's back on the market.....

Folks,

Just for the sake of completeness, I wanted to let you know that the dealer who trashed my Explorer has now fixed it up enough to put it on it's own lot. I won't mention the dealer by name, but the truck is listed on Autotrader.com. The zip code is 48864 and the truck is listed as having 33,594 miles. Interestingly, they are listing the vehicle as being sold "As Is, without warranty" even though it's still within the factory warranty period and mileage. How does that work? The end of the VIN is B75901 and amazingly Carfax lists the car as never having been in an accident. Such is the value of being a dealer, I guess.

They did a reasonable cosmetic job but if you look closely, the fender/hood and fender/door lines aren't quite right. Glad it's their truck and not mine.

On a related note, my replacement X is running great, but the suspension squeaks a bit, so I'll have to take it back to the dealer to check the springs, shocks, etc.

Cheers, Gary

Wow, I'm glad some of you aren't my customers! Sheesh! Ever hear the old adage "You can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar"? Threatening with lawyers should only be a last resort, not your first priority. Unless you're really that much of an a-hole.

Gary, I am glad that you were able to get a nice replacement vehicle after yours got wrecked. Things like that do happen...I've had situations myself where a vehicle wasn't perfectly set on the hoist, and could have fallen had I not seen it in time. It's just a truck, not a human life...Trucks can be replaced/repaired.

As for the dealership that acquired your old one. By saying "As-is", they're meaning they aren't offering any additional warranty thru their dealership. Vehicles that I have that are still covered under the factory warranty are sold the same way. It'd be redundant to offer a warranty thru me if the factory is going to cover it. People understand that once I explain it to them, if I even have to.
I've seen worse vehicles get repaired and if nobody was the wiser, nobody would ever know. CARFAX isn't perfect...We had a Jeep Liberty recently that got clobbered hard, and CARFAX still showed no accident history. I don't even like using them. Some people ask for the reports, but it's probably less than 1% of my total customer base.
That Jeep drove perfectly, and I did disclose repaired damage on it. The person who bought it was well aware of it, and still bought it. They're pleased as punch considering I sold it for less than "rough" retail. It was over $5000 cheaper than the next closest competitor at a local Jeep dealership.

Nothing beats the loyalty of Explorer owners though. I just sold a guy's '97 XLT on consignment, and he brought me a pizza for lunch when he came to pick up his check! Who says there's no free lunch? :bounce:

It qualifies for the carfax buy back guarantee.

HA!

Thanks for all of your interest in this mess. I really agree with many of your comments.

By the time I made it to the dealership this afternoon, they managed to dick me around for two hours before cutting me a check for my destroyed truck. Fortunately I was not upside down in the payments, and actually came out ahead on that count. The idiots, after wasting my time with poor service, then asked if I wanted to get a 2005 Explorer from them. I tried to restrain from exploding, and politely said "no". I then drove their loaner car over to the Ford dealer on the other side of town and bought a '05 Explorer that is actually a little better in terms of options and condition than the one they wrecked. This dealer was amazed by my story, and I got a great deal, coming out of the whole mess ahead of the game by a couple of $$ when it was all done. I checked the replacement vehicle VIN with Carfax, and it's clean. If anyone if interested, the last 6 characters of the VIN of the wrecked vehicle are B75901, in case they're looking at a used red 05 explorer.

Cheers, Gary

Glad it worked out. I was going to suggest you read this:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...=50014&highlight=dealer+Dropped+Corvette+lift

But now you don't have too. You still might get some good reading though.

I just skimmed that whole thread. And you know what's in there? They linked and referenced the "How do I get Herculiner off of my Hootus" thread in there. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just skimmed that whole thread. And you know what's in there? They linked and referenced the "How do I get Herculiner off of my Hootus" thread in there. :D

Oh right. I forgot about that. LOL. Those two and the one on Pirate 4x4......

"Wenzelled"

Internet legends. HAHA.

Back