Looking for pictures of X s with flares! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for pictures of X s with flares!

BTRs X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Maysville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer XL 4x4
I am graduating from college in May and my parents said they would buy me a gift. Well I think I want a set of fender flares for my 92 X to keep the rocks/mud off the paint.

Please post or give me the location of where I can see fender flares on an Explorer...Thank.:D

I have Bushwacker flares on my Ex, check my photo gallery for pics.....

Your truck looks great! Have you had any problems with your flares (leaks, rust, mounting)? Do you think the flares would look ok just by themselves without running boards? Thanks.:D

Thanks man
No rust, not sure about leaks though, I have not taken them off since I installed them, but they do need a fresh coat of paint....:rolleyes: And the mounting was really easy also. And for the runningboards, I had mine off for awhile and I thought that it looked good with the flares, the only thing is is that my flares were made for an Ex with the sideskirts instead of the runningboards, so there is a little gap in the bottom of the flares when I have my runningboards off, but its not too noticable :D

Back