Manual AC Blend Door Actuator Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manual AC Blend Door Actuator Help

NotTrent

Reaction score
City, State
Breinigsville, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer XLT
I am pulling out what little hair I have left out. I have a 2008 Explorer with manual AC. I had a stripped gear in my blend door actuator so I removed the actuator and replaced the gear. Before I bolted it back in I plugged the actuator in to make sure it was good to go but when I turn the key on, the D shaped rod rotates once (like it goes from a/c to heat) and then after that it does not move when I adjust the temp. I have read about the reset for the EATC but is there one for manual?

If I unplug it and plug it back in it does the same thing, it just rotates from one side to the other once then doesn't respond to temp change.

when I had mine apart it looked like a grey vacuum hose went to a controller and that went to the blend door. Maybe vacuum problem

I am pulling out what little hair I have left out. I have a 2008 Explorer with manual AC. I had a stripped gear in my blend door actuator so I removed the actuator and replaced the gear. Before I bolted it back in I plugged the actuator in to make sure it was good to go but when I turn the key on, the D shaped rod rotates once (like it goes from a/c to heat) and then after that it does not move when I adjust the temp. I have read about the reset for the EATC but is there one for manual?

If I unplug it and plug it back in it does the same thing, it just rotates from one side to the other once then doesn't respond to temp change.
I'm about to swap out the blend door actuator on my 08 this weekend. Now you've got me worried! hah

Back