Manual hub conversion question

TheRookie

Traveling SAS guru
Reaction score
City, State
West Chester PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
I have searched a bunch. I saw a post about using D44 soindle nuts for a manual conversion on the D35 I think. Is this the way to go? What is it listed as?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

D44 spindle nuts? why? Manual hubs come complete with all necessary nuts and bolts and washers...

;)

Most of the kits I see come with the spindle nut conversion kit and they go for about $199.

The manual hubs that I have seen don't come with the hubs but they usually tell you that you need them and offer them for sale on their site.
I'm still looking for a site that has the hubs, kit and the spindle nut socket as a kit.

When I ordered mine... don't even remember from who... I got the hubs with spindle nuts... all complete.

I'll check my documentation on my truck and will let you know where I got them... they are not WARN though...

I got m,ine used from another forrum member. I assumed they came with the nuts but they did not.

go to truckperformance.com they had the best deal i could find at the time i got mine- i think my total was under 200 including a 30 dollar spindle nut conversion kit off the same site

the conversion lock kit from warn was supposedly
discontinued......

i got my conversion kit from 4wheelparts for around $200, and htis was for the hubs and the conversion kit...

the d44 solid modification you are referring to is this: http://www.explorer4x4.com/spindlenut.html and it is an upgrade to existing manual hub owners....

I know the conversion is like 30 or so a few places. I also know a member had posted on here the other nits you could use. that is what i am looking for

click onto my above link

My manuals didn't come with a spidle nut kit... i ordered them but they didn't make it into the box for shipping.

so I got a set for a dana 44 for less and used those.
they work perfect but you need to grind off the tabs on the washer so that it is just round.

Manual hubs are the best mod i've made on my '91 X

peace:cool:

Back