Map update | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Map update

With respect to doing the map update from NA 118 to NA 119, it will not change the SYNC version. This is a map update only.

I was able to do mine last week successfully with my own USB. Took about an hour and 15 minutes in my vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With respect to doing the map update from NA 118 to NA 119, it will not change the SYNC version. This is a map update only.

I was able to do mine last week successfully with my own USB. Took about an hour and 15 minutes in my vehicle.
well I did mine, and it says 119, but now when I ask "navigation" , then "address" I get absolutely nothing, it just says on the "ask a command" screen!!

well I did mine, and it says 119, but now when I ask "navigation" , then "address" I get absolutely nothing, it just says on the "ask a command" screen!!

Pulled the stick early probably You can re-run the install, or run the last piece by editing the autoinstall.lst to run the last section only.

That happened to me too. I think what I did wrong was I applied the update, forgot to take the stick out, and then the update started again leaving it in an inconsistent state.

I restarted the update, let it complete and remembered to take the stick out once completed and then everything was fine.

I don't want to get too far off topic, but I also have a Tesla Model 3. It automatically updates itself over the air frequently (around once a month) and each update usually provides me with significant new features.

Obviously, Ford is way behind in that regard. I have to manually download, read 12 pages of instructions to move it to a USB stick and then screw up the update with each update taking around an hour. I've had my 2020 ST for over a year and still no Sync upgrades and now the Sync hardware is already obsolete.

My family bought its first Ford in 1989 and I have owned a Ford product ever since graduating from college (1993). After driving the Tesla, this could easily be my last Ford (although the ST's massaging seats sure are nice). It can also tow way better than any Tesla, especially when considering range.

Does someone on here have the 1.19 files still on their computer or memory stick that they can email me? I updated the maps and then goofed and updated sync 3.4 and chose no maps... so I loaded a non nav version. I already deleted 1.19 so I can't update again properly without it.

And I can't download both maps and 3.4 because I don't have enough room on my split hard drive lol. Hoping to fix this myself before I have to play dumb on Tuesday when it goes to the dealer.

If so, please PM me and I'll provide my email.

Thanks

Thanks to the two members (Dsle5403 and Explorinum) who responding so quickly. Appreciate all of the help!!!

Folks, I'm still at version 19 and was trying to download ver 20 but it asks me $40 for the USB stick and I dont see free download option anywhere. Did Ford changed the policy and maps are no longer free?
1626483348042.png

Folks, I'm still at version 19 and was trying to download ver 20 but it asks me $40 for the USB stick and I dont see free download option anywhere. Did Ford changed the policy and maps are no longer free?
View attachment 340550
It's done OTA now. Takes a while but it is free. You do need an internet connection for it.

BTW, you didn't mention which Sync V3.4 build you have. The current build for V3.4 is 21098. The 2.20 map downloads appeared to begin OTA after 21020 downloaded. If you don't have an Internet connection, you should be able to at least download the latest Sync software from your account,

Peter

BTW, you didn't mention which Sync V3.4 build you have. The current build for V3.4 is 21098. The 2.20 map downloads appeared to begin OTA after 21020 downloaded. If you don't have an Internet connection, you should be able to at least download the latest Sync software from your account,

I just downloaded 21098, will be installing it later today. So hopefully post that 2.20 map should download via wifi. Thanks Peter and Dale5403

I just downloaded 21098, will be installing it later today. So hopefully post that 2.20 map should download via wifi. Thanks Peter and Dale5403
Just a few things. After this SYNC updates can be done OTA also. You most likely will have issues with Travel Link also. The latest news is the next SYNC update should have the fix for that. And the map update has a number of files to download and it does take a long time. Good luck with it.

Back