Meet "RUBI".. HID LAMS,PIAA FOGS CARBON FIBER WRAP AND PLASTI DIP GRILL (PICS HEAVY) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Meet "RUBI".. HID LAMS,PIAA FOGS CARBON FIBER WRAP AND PLASTI DIP GRILL (PICS HEAVY)

bodybump

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 FORD EXPLORER
Hi guys new in hte forum been contemplating on getting my new Explorer and 3 days ago i did pulled the trigger..LOL..Now here shes is 2013 Ford Explorer..i got the base model and i like modifiying from the ground up..Here are some pics of my start up modification..

Front Grill "Plastidip" Matte Black cost $5.99- Plasti dip works like magic...i sprayed it on my grill and i have tat rough matte black look on it..and the best part is you can peel it if you get tired...and it cost cheap...:)

HID head lights
PIAA Fog lamps
Hood Carbon fiber wrap
Spoiler Carbon wrap

Ordered
OEM "Explorer" decals for the front
OEM Cross Bars
OEM Bumper protector
Weather tech lining

Next:
Deezee Step board

Been thinking about rims...i cant decide if i want to go 20 or 22's and get eibach suv lowering kit...but then i feel that the 17'inch crap tires and hub cap i have is going to be a waste so i can decide if ill just get 17's and run my tires or just go all the way....:(

Attachments

• DSC_5877.jpg
    DSC_5877.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,657
  • DSC_5876.jpg
    DSC_5876.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 3,035
  • DSC_5803.jpg
    DSC_5803.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 3,288
  • DSC_5819.jpg
    DSC_5819.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 8,909

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More pics...

Attachments

• DSC_5923.jpg
    DSC_5923.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 3,840
  • DSC_5918.jpg
    DSC_5918.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3,165
  • DSC_5894.jpg
    DSC_5894.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 7,698
  • DSC_5836.jpg
    DSC_5836.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,620

and more...

Attachments

• DSC_5823.jpg
    DSC_5823.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,997
  • DSC_5849.jpg
    DSC_5849.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,644
  • DSC_5851.jpg
    DSC_5851.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2,853
  • DSC_5880.jpg
    DSC_5880.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 4,729

Wow, doesn't take you long to get things done, does it? :D

Looks sharp, you are doing a nice job.

Looks great! Love that grill. You stole my name though. :)

looks good....new larger rims would make a world of differance.

Wow, doesn't take you long to get things done, does it? :D
Looks sharp, you are doing a nice job.

hahahaha thanks...i know man if i thuoght of something i need to have it done..

Looks great! Love that grill. You stole my name though. :)

LOl my wife named it...

looks good....new larger rims would make a world of differance.

I know...20's or 22's? lowerd? stock high?

I know...20's or 22's? lowerd? stock high?

Thats all personal preference.... I like the look of a 20"-22" rim and a full wheel well. So 20" and lowered or 22" and a larger diameter tire are my options. I have not found anything for lowering yet for the Explorer that is specific to that model, not to mention my Sport.

Where'd you get the carbon fiber wrap for the spoiler? I like it.

i got it installed here in florida...try to google it in your area "carbon fiber wrap" and you will be able to see if there is some installers in your area..

Where'd you get the carbon fiber wrap for the spoiler? I like it.

Hi guys new in hte forum been contemplating on getting my new Explorer and 3 days ago i did pulled the trigger..LOL..Now here shes is 2013 Ford Explorer..i got the base model and i like modifiying from the ground up..Here are some pics of my start up modification..

Front Grill "Plastidip" Matte Black cost $5.99- Plasti dip works like magic...i sprayed it on my grill and i have tat rough matte black look on it..and the best part is you can peel it if you get tired...and it cost cheap...:)

HID head lights
PIAA Fog lamps
Hood Carbon fiber wrap
Spoiler Carbon wrap

Ordered
OEM "Explorer" decals for the front
OEM Cross Bars
OEM Bumper protector
Weather tech lining

Next:
Deezee Step board

Been thinking about rims...i cant decide if i want to go 20 or 22's and get eibach suv lowering kit...but then i feel that the 17'inch crap tires and hub cap i have is going to be a waste so i can decide if ill just get 17's and run my tires or just go all the way....:(

Hey, nice looking ride. which fog light bulbs did you use? Which hid kit did you use for your headlights and are they 4300? thanks in advance.

in terms of wheels and ride comfort,
20" polished vs the 17"/18" stock or painted rims,
can the ride difference be felt?
Is it quieter/more cushioned on the smaller wheels?

The 20" are a nice ride but the streets here are so damn horrible...
i am wondering if the 18s would feel different?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

HOLY CRAP that is SUUUUWWEEEEETTTT !! ..... (my hubby just *grumbled* in the back-ground) .... GORGEOUS gorgeous car !!

(how and what paint did you use on the bonnet/hood ?? i love that !! )

(just read its a carbon wrap also ???)

(hubbys seein $$$$ signs .... hehehehe ;) )

Love the look!!! Awesome Awesome ride man.

I know this is an old thread but I kept it saved to come back to once my XLT came in. Have only done a couple small things so far....front window tint, shark fin, hood lettering....but I absolutely love the look of the carbon fiber on "Rubi's" hood! BB, if you're still lurking about, any more info on this? I read someone in your area installed it...I googled local places around here but can't find any reviews on these companies and I hate getting work done by someone I don't know. I also found some p,aces selling sheets of the carbon fiber....just wondering what shade or color you used and if you think this could be done by and amateur? Slick ride....very eye-catching! ;)

I know this is an old thread but I kept it saved to come back to once my XLT came in. Have only done a couple small things so far....front window tint, shark fin, hood lettering....but I absolutely love the look of the carbon fiber on "Rubi's" hood! BB, if you're still lurking about, any more info on this? I read someone in your area installed it...I googled local places around here but can't find any reviews on these companies and I hate getting work done by someone I don't know. I also found some p,aces selling sheets of the carbon fiber....just wondering what shade or color you used and if you think this could be done by and amateur? Slick ride....very eye-catching! ;)

I believe the other posts/mods about his EX are under "black edition" title heading when you search the forum.

Back