MFT Update on Syncmyride | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update on Syncmyride

Mine was working great then went screwy. It's back to normal now after a reset

Did you do a master reset after the upgrade? I fear that after adding the SD card and enabling nav that my system is going to degrade quickly. I just don't see how they plan on a Flash Lite based system being stable enough for long term production use.

I've only got to drive about a quarter mile since slipping in the SD card. So far everything is fine. The screens definitely have a tiny bit of lag now that navigation is active, without the navi it was very quick.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you do a master reset after the upgrade? I fear that after adding the SD card and enabling nav that my system is going to degrade quickly. I just don't see how they plan on a Flash Lite based system being stable enough for long term production use.

I've only got to drive about a quarter mile since slipping in the SD card. So far everything is fine. The screens definitely have a tiny bit of lag now that navigation is active, without the navi it was very quick.

Starting to sound eerily familiar to previous version. My experience (i have nav) is that it works well for awhile after fresh reboot and/or master reset but degrades over time until it flakes and then...wash, rinse, repeat...

I hate that people are so negative with what ford is doing, ethier the people complaining are not ford explorer owners AND JUST WANT TO GIVE FORD A BAD RAP !!!

1. When you buy a first year redisign vehicle you get plenty of glitches.
2. Ford is working hard to do right, you just can't fix something with out having it re disign by the engineer's.
3. Ford has listen to the issue and are getting right, and yes later models will be much better. Sorry that we where like ginny pigs but we bought first release models and unless we are buying a bently, masserate, etc... And even those have issues, so i'am just venting because it has not been a week yet and there are people already KNOCKING FORD and the fix give it a chance. I also have a 2011 explorer not many issues nor any horiffic ones but i have had some and thanks to the great dealership that i leased from all have been taken care of in a very prof, manner and well done, so again give it time !!! I dont work for ford just sick of all this *****ing, and that is why i always lease first year model's since 1998 im like first year models but i know they some time bring a headache !! JUST VENTING !!!

Starting to sound eerily familiar to previous version. My experience (i have nav) is that it works well for awhile after fresh reboot and/or master reset but degrades over time until it flakes and then...wash, rinse, repeat...

Was told that the memory is dumped when the car is turned off on the new system, so there shouldn't be long term problems like that.

Was told that the memory is dumped when the car is turned off on the new system, so there shouldn't be long term problems like that.

This isn't true.. they are doing the reverse.. they are suspending the system to memory, so that when you turn on the car everything can come back up quickly as it was before you turned it off. I see this causing more memory issues. If you watch the video where they describe the changes he's very clear they are using suspend technology in order to speed up the process of booting back up when you star the car.

In fairness, I was talking about doing a master reset immediately after doing the upgrade. Who knows what bad settings, etc were left over from the old version. To me it's always nice to start fresh.

Also in fairness, I haven't had ANY issues w/ MFT since upgrading last friday, however I didn't have Navi active until a few hours ago, so I'll report back after I've had a chance to bang on it for a while

I hate that people are so negative with what ford is doing, ethier the people complaining are not ford explorer owners AND JUST WANT TO GIVE FORD A BAD RAP !!!

2. Ford is working hard to do right, you just can't fix something with out having it re disign by the engineer's.
3. Ford has listen to the issue and are getting right, and yes later models will be much better. Sorry that we where like ginny pigs but we bought first release models and unless we are buying a bently, masserate, etc... And even those have issues, so i'am just venting because it has not been a week yet and there are people already KNOCKING FORD and the fix give it a chance. I also have a 2011 explorer not many issues nor any horiffic ones but i have had some and thanks to the great dealership that i leased from all have been taken care of in a very prof, manner and well done, so again give it time !!! I dont work for ford just sick of all this *****ing, and that is why i always lease first year model's since 1998 im like first year models but i know they some time bring a headache !! JUST VENTING !!!

My comment was in regards to the fact that they did this complete rewrite, but stuck with the same technology that caused them issues in the first place. The system is still written using Flash Lite. Flash Lite is an inefficient technology, so inefficient that Adobe has stopped production on flash lite and flash mobile platforms. I don't see a fix for the problems it had w/out changing the underlying framework that the original system was built on

Bang the crap out out of it. Oh yah..... that's it bang it.

just checked Syncmyride. It says if I have navigation I have to contact them, otherwise download it right now.
I do have nav, so I clicked Yes and it says that mailing began on March 5 and I should be getting it soon. Will see.

I read on Edge forum that old SD navigation card is not compatible with new MFT version. So, need to wait for new SD card and only then install new MFT.

newport, i understand what you're saying but, you said yourself you are not experiencing most of these issues on your ex, therefore you cannot begin to feel the frustration some of us do. Also, if we are going to spend hours upon hours at dealerships fixing things that FORD knew were wrong with the vehicle then i feel I should be compensated accordingly!!!! whatever accordingly means is up in the air, maybe WE GET THE FIX AND SD CARD EARLIER THAN OTHERS!!!!, or monetarily, with free oil changes, or what have you..... I'm tired of wasting time at the dealer fixing things that were known (or should have been known) before production. We can't say anything for things that "come up" after the vehicle is on the streets, i understand that. Why couldn't ford send out the packages to the first buyers first and so on because they dealt with the problems longer??

Back