• Register Today It's free!

Minimal lift for 34x10.50x15?

Freshmeat

Reaction score
City, State
Denham Springs, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ranger STX SC
What's the least lift I can run to clear 34x10.50s on 15x8 wheels with 4" BS?

I have a 2" lift to go on. Can I get away with that and cutting? What if I add 2" wheel spacers? Would that help or drive it more into the fenders?

It's not a pretty X by any means- I bought a sawzall for the sole purpose of cutting my project 4x4s...

Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not worried about it.................
2" suspension + 3" body lift, let the sawzall take care of the rest :dunno:
thought the 33x10.50 was a "pizza cutter"...................

I have never heard of 34X10.5 who makes those?

Interco makes them in an LTB. I try to support local companies whenever possible. I know second hand isn't necessarily supporting them, but it's still representing a great brand. Let me see if I can link to it...

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=7&g=1

The tires have about 3,000 miles on them. He offered them to me for $350, mounted and balanced on 5x4.5 steelies. I can't pass up the deal. Was planning to run 31s for a while, but I'll go bigger now and regear ASAP.

I had a 5.5 superlift on Haze and ran the 34's with no rubbing.

rausch034.jpg

run031.jpg

Plus I only snapped 1 front shaft in 2.5 years of wheeling it that way.

A 2" suspension lift and a 3" body lift can usually cram 33 x 10.5's, so you can probably clear 34x10.5's with the sawzall.

I'd go with the 5.5 lift, though. You gain a ton of travel with the increased height, plus more ground clearance with the SOA in the rear.

If you're going to re-gear and disassemble the TTB anyway, not too much work throwing a lift on there while you're at it.

They're perfect on stock 15x7 wheels.

IMG_01431.jpg

I have a 93 with a 3" bodylift only. i am running 34x10.50 ltb's on steel rims with a 3.50" backspace and i did a little trimming on the very bottom of the fenders. minor rub when stuffed at full lock. check it out... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2875305

I'll do the 2" suspension lift and keep an eye out for a used body lift, but I'm not going to spend $200 on a body lift when I could apply that toward a 4" suspension lift... plus, I wouldn't go over 2" on a body lift because they just look awkward with the frame hanging down so low.

...but anything getting in the way beyond that... will meet either my sawzall or my BFH. :D

I was contemplating running 34's on my old 92 with 2" of lift. The plan was to have Alcan spring make me a custom set of rear springs with the center pin moved back 1 1/2" (to help with clearance between the front of the tire and the rear door) and put on a set of 3" bulge fiberglass fenders (can't rember who makes them). Everything should have cleared with a set of 15x7" wheels w/ 3.75" backspace and some triming.

The 2" lift is intended to be temporary until I go 4". I'll see how things fit for a while and clearance will determine whether I go up or regear first. I'll most likely grab a Gen2 8.8 to regear and go with a ******* pack SOA when that goes in so I can get gears, flex, and discs all at once.

Picking up a replacement A4LD tomorrow morning. Going to put in a shift kit before it goes in.

Back