Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

Thanks @peterk9 that window sticker generator is cool!

FWIW, I found the same number on the door sticker (the one with the VIN) at the very bottom. Mine was 1201911141938

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FYI saw 2 units at the local dealer today. One had a NOV build date and one had a DEC build date. The newer build date unit was missing it and the older (slightly) build date unit had it. Both were exactly the same specs (ST/PANO/TECH/STREET) and msrp.

Checked my Platinum....no plate. It does have the front deflector that is missing on some of the STs

I drove by my dealer today, and look at the Explorer for the air deflector, and some ST had the air deflector and some didn't. How is this possible? My Build Date Is 08/19

Checked my Platinum....no plate. It does have the front deflector that is missing on some of the STs
Perhaps I missed them but I don't recall any posts about a missing front deflector.

Peter

MY STICKER BUILD DATE IS 1201909257875
Show me how you determine build date from this
Just checked & it is missing on my vehicle

Look on the lower part of the pillar when the drivers door is open. It will indicate what the tire pressures should be there will be a date there also under the bar code.

2019 09 25= Sept. 25, 2019.

TBill

Look on the lower part of the pillar when the drivers door is open. It will indicate what the tire pressures should be there will be a date there also under the bar code.

2019 09 25= Sept. 25, 2019.

TBill[/QUOTe
See you a from Prescott
I am from Tonopah, AZ
Purchased our ST from Jones Ford in Buckeye
Was built at the Chicago Assembly Plant
Wonder if it is Assembly plant related

BTW How are you finding the parts list
Each ford parts site I go to does not list the body parts for my ST

BTW How are you finding the parts list
Each ford parts site I go to does not list the body parts for my ST
It takes quite a while for most of those sites to update part numbers for a new model year. Even the one I commonly use, AutoNation Ford, has only added a few parts recently.

Peter

Picked up my ST a week ago, build date 11/12/19, no deflector and like everyone else no tow hook. Emailed dealer on Friday, both parts ordered yesterday, no hassles no questions.

When you guys are referring to dealer for missing parts, do ya mean the dealer you bought your car from or your nearest dealer that you do your services at (if different)? I had a good deal from a dealer a lot further away than my local one and am wondering can I go to my local one or is it better to contact the one I bought my car from.

Thanks in advanced

For those with the deflector on the ST, do you notice if it hangs low enough to effect ground clearance? I'm wondering if it is not installed because the ST has the lowest departure angle of the 4 trims, assuming because of the different suspension setup. The ST and Platinum also have higher minimum ground clearance specs than the XLT and Limited, ST has the highest. Installing it may change the intended specs, who knows. I'm not convinced it is supposed to be installed. Those with it may be the fluke. I also noticed the poster with the deflector on the ST doesn't look like the ST street pack or high performance pack is installed.

Picked up my ST a week ago, build date 11/12/19, no deflector and like everyone else no tow hook. Emailed dealer on Friday, both parts ordered yesterday, no hassles no questions.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Did you check to see if you have the fuel filler funnel?

Peter

For those with the deflector on the ST, do you notice if it hangs low enough to effect ground clearance? I'm wondering if it is not installed because the ST has the lowest departure angle of the 4 trims, assuming because of the different suspension setup. The ST and Platinum also have higher minimum ground clearance specs than the XLT and Limited, ST has the highest. Installing it may change the intended specs, who knows. I'm not convinced it is supposed to be installed. Those with it may be the fluke. I also noticed the poster with the deflector on the ST doesn't look like the ST street pack or high performance pack is installed.
If you look at the first post, the part is described as being for the ST among others.

Peter

If you look at the first post, the part is described as being for the ST among others.

Peter

In in earlier post I pointed out that actually going to the fords part page and looking up the part is contrary to the first post.

This is an interesting theory!

The exhaust system and a few other parts are lower than the air deflector so I doubt ground clearance would be an issue.

Peter

The exhaust system and a few other parts are lower than the air deflector so I doubt ground clearance would be an issue.

Peter

It does look like the exhaust pipes hang lower toward the back from the pictures posted, wish I could look at one with one installed in person.

Just checked the part list on the website again and now they have updated it to include ST and Platinum. Hmmm.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's missing from my ST. Just reached out to the dealer about it, after checking for Ford parts website, which definitely indicates that it applies to all 3.0L models, including the ST.

Back