Missing parts...Timberline | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing parts...Timberline

I just got off the phone from the parts dept from the dealership I bought my Timberline from. They confirmed that when they ran the vin of my 2021 Timberline, it showed that it is SUPPOSED to have the engine cover.

They tried looking for the rear deflector and were having a hard time finding the parts subsection for deflectors not just for my Timberline, but any of the models, so they are submitting a request to Ford to get a definitive answer on if the Timberline gets a rear deflector.

I advised them that a forum member allegedly does have the rear deflector on a Timberline.

I will post as soon as I hear back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got off the phone from the parts dept from the dealership I bought my Timberline from. They confirmed that when they ran the vin of my 2021 Timberline, it showed that it is SUPPOSED to have the engine cover.

They tried looking for the rear deflector and were having a hard time finding the parts subsection for deflectors not just for my Timberline, but any of the models, so they are submitting a request to Ford to get a definitive answer on if the Timberline gets a rear deflector.

I advised them that a forum member allegedly does have the rear deflector on a Timberline.

I will post as soon as I hear back.
Dealership called me today and stated they now do not know what is supposed to be on the Timberline. They stated Ford has not clarified anything and that they cannot call Ford directly.

They speculated that the Timberline does not get a rear air deflector and I advised them that someone on here has a Timberline and advised they have the rear air deflector. The dealership asked if I had a picture and I told them no and so they seemed to leave it at that.

They said they will continue to look into it. I don't see this going anywhere.

I'm getting really irritated that Ford could have left parts off my car and I'm left to solve the puzzle on my own, it's unacceptable.

Dealership called me today and stated they now do not know what is supposed to be on the Timberline. They stated Ford has not clarified anything and that they cannot call Ford directly.

They speculated that the Timberline does not get a rear air deflector and I advised them that someone on here has a Timberline and advised they have the rear air deflector. The dealership asked if I had a picture and I told them no and so they seemed to leave it at that.

I'm getting really irritated that Ford could have left parts off my car and I'm left to solve the puzzle on my own, it's unacceptable.
It is unacceptable. I think they (and other car manufacturers) have gotten to the point that if the unavailable parts don’t adversely affect safety or drivability, they send it out the door. The problem is that the end buyer is unaware of the missing parts.

You might say, 'the wheels are coming off', and that's about how everything seems to be going nowadays.
I decided to ease my frustration by purchasing and installing the rear air defector myself. On my Platinum all the mounting studs and slots in the bumper were there. Installation took me all of 15 minutes and I really like how it firmed up the lower bumper section. No more flapping in the breeze. Here's what I purchased from Tasca Factory OEM Auto Parts & Accessories | TascaParts.com.
You might be able to find a better price from some of the sites discussed in this forum like Genuine Ford Dealer Online Parts Catalog | Genuine Ford Auto Parts
Perhaps you purchase the gear, install yourself and hand the bill to your dealership reps.

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
L1MZ-7811778-AUnder Cover$93.531$93.53
-W715060-S450BWheel Opening Molding Screw$2.194$8.76
-W719609-S900Air Deflector Retainer Nut$1.565$7.80

It is unacceptable. I think they (and other car manufacturers) have gotten to the point that if the unavailable parts don’t adversely affect safety or drivability, they send it out the door. The problem is that the end buyer is unaware of the missing parts.
I agree.

This is not sitting well with me that Ford is doing this and then complicate matters with the dealership essentially shrugging their shoulders. I am not amused.

I agree.

This is not sitting well with me that Ford is doing this and then complicate matters with the dealership essentially shrugging their shoulders. I am not amused.
If you search part number L1MZ-7811778-A it shows it does not fit your Timberline. So is Ford wrong? I doubt it. You seem to have more issues than any one else I have seen. The only posts you have made are to *****. Just my 2 cents.

You might say, 'the wheels are coming off', and that's about how everything seems to be going nowadays.
I decided to ease my frustration by purchasing and installing the rear air defector myself. On my Platinum all the mounting studs and slots in the bumper were there. Installation took me all of 15 minutes and I really like how it firmed up the lower bumper section. No more flapping in the breeze. Here's what I purchased from Tasca Factory OEM Auto Parts & Accessories | TascaParts.com.
You might be able to find a better price from some of the sites discussed in this forum like Genuine Ford Dealer Online Parts Catalog | Genuine Ford Auto Parts
Perhaps you purchase the gear, install yourself and hand the bill to your dealership reps.

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
L1MZ-7811778-AUnder Cover$93.531$93.53
-W715060-S450BWheel Opening Molding Screw$2.194$8.76
-W719609-S900Air Deflector Retainer Nut$1.565$7.80
Pedro,

Appreciate the insight.

My only concern is that the timberline has the skid plate under the rear bumper and I'm not sure if the rear air deflector would be a unique design to the Timberline or if the standard rear deflector is compatible.

I'm hoping the one forum member who has a Timberline and is stating they have a rear air deflector will eventually post a picture, as that will solve a lot!

Pedro,

Appreciate the insight.

My only concern is that the timberline has the skid plate under the rear bumper and I'm not sure if the rear air deflector would be a unique design to the Timberline or if the standard rear deflector is compatible.

I'm hoping the one forum member who has a Timberline and is stating they have a rear air deflector will eventually post a picture, as that will solve a lot!
Your welcome and hope you get a resolution soon.

If you search part number L1MZ-7811778-A it shows it does not fit your Timberline. So is Ford wrong? I doubt it. You seem to have more issues than any one else I have seen. The only posts you have made are to *****. Just my 2 cents.
How dare he ***** about multiple missing parts on his brand new $50K Explorer in a thread titled, let me check, “Missing Parts…Timberline”.

I don't believe I've seen or read any place where it was confirmed that the rear deflector is supposed to be on this model. From the parts sites I've searched, AutoNation Ford, Fordparts and Tascaparts, this item is not intended for the 2021 Timberline.

Peter

The issue Dale is that we have a forum member who states their Timberline DOES have the rear deflector. I advised the dealership that the Timberline may have a deflector of a different part number, but nonetheless, they don't seem capable to figure any of this out conclusively.

Why can't my dealership tell me it doesn't fit if it's that easy to figure out, instead they said they don't know. And the engine cover is also confirmed to be on the Timberlines and the dealership and Ford can't figure that one out? Am I supposed to be impressed and doing cartwheels?

So maybe I should also start *****ing about how inept my dealership is.

Beware those who are unhappy with legitimate issues, Dale the ***** police is on duty.

How dare he ***** about multiple missing parts on his brand new $50K Explorer in a thread titled, let me check, “Missing Parts…Timberline”.
It would appear that it is NOT missing. It is not an item that is meant for the Timberline or other 2021 Explorers according to various parts sites.

Peter

The issue Dale is that we have a forum member who states their Timberline DOES have the rear deflector. So can you explain how that is possible if it does not fit?

Why can't my dealership tell me it doesn't fit if its that easy to definitively figure this out. And the engine cover is also confirmed to be on theTimberlines and the dealership and Ford can't figure that one out?

So maybe I should also start *****ing about how inept my dealership is.

Beware of those who are unhappy with legitimate issues, Dale the ***** police is on duty.
I don't think the matter of "fit" is the issue here. The item does not appear to be for the Timberline regardless of whether or not it "fits".

Peter

I don't believe I've seen or read any place where it was confirmed that the rear deflector is supposed to be on this model. From the parts sites I've searched, AutoNation Ford, Fordparts and Tascaparts, this item is not intended for the 2021 Timberline.

Peter
Thanks for checking those resources.

Either the person on here who states they have a rear deflector on their Timberline, is confused, or a troll, or the Timberline has a rear deflector with an enitrely different part number. But their post that they do indeed have one, is causing so much confusion.

Just wish they could show a picture, kind of odd they dissappeared on posting after I asked for a picture, but may just be a coincidence

I have a 21 Timberline, wife loves it. I have nearly everything you listed. September 21 build date. However, I did not have the engine cover. I had the dealer install one and switch in Amsoil 5w30 ss and it definately quited down the "4 cyclinder" sound. They also put Amsoil SVG in the front/rear differential, transfer case per my request and performed a corrosion rust oil based protectant at the undercarriage (6 year warranty). The car is surprisingly quick with the 2.3/10 speed.
Baddesst,

Anyway you could snap a picture of your rear air deflector. The debate over whether the Timberline has one is getting quite involved, with most stating the Timberline does NOT come with a rear air deflector.

Thanks!

Thanks for checking those resources.

Either the person on here who states they have a rear deflector on their Timberline, is confused, or a troll, or the Timberline has a rear deflector with an enitrely different part number. But their post that they do indeed have one, is causing so much confusion.

Just wish they could show a picture, kind of odd they dissappeared on posting after I asked for a picture, but may just be a coincidence
It is possible that they got one and theirs is the one in error, not everyone else's.

It is possible that they got one and theirs is the one in error, not everyone else's.
That is what I was wondering as well.

Peter

That is what I was wondering as well.

Peter
I initially thought that the first day he mentioned that he had one. However, before I posted this thread, I checked the rear steel skid plate that is unique to the Timberline and it appears to be made with cutouts to attach the deflector to. Why would Ford design a part for an brand new model just being released and machine it to accept the deflector and then leave it off?

In addition, these cutouts on the skidplate where the rear air deflector would mount, do not look like they would line up with the pictures I have seen of the rear deflector. That would mean Ford made a unique deflector for the Timberline, which, Frankly, I'd be surprised if they did that.

Because of all this, that is why I am so stumped that Baddest allegedly has one, instead of it just being an anomaly.

After researching the forum and seeing the puzzles of missing parts among many models, often with no rhyme or reason, I don't think Ford knows which way is up or down as far as any consistency to what models get which parts.

I don't think there is enough owners on here to get a consensus on this, but I speculate that in the future there will be half Timberline owners that have it and half that don't, if in fact Baddest has a Timberline with the rear deflector.

I have asked several times for Baddest to post a pic and also messaged him and have not seen a post from him since, he may just be busy?

I really don’t think you’re supposed to have one. If it is like you said and it has a different hole pattern, you’d be likely to be able to find it in a parts breakdown, like all of the other missing parts were.

The most likely scenario is that Baddest does NOT in fact have a deflector, and no Timberlines are supposed to have them, which makes perfect sense if it is supposed to be the “off road explorer”. Which is also why he’s seen your request for a pic, and never came back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found this on the web. About the 16 minute mark there is mention of the skid plate and a shot of it. I can't see any sign of the air deflector that is on my ST.

Back