Missing parts...Timberline | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing parts...Timberline

And here is a shorter one that shows it at the 4 minute mark.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really don’t think you’re supposed to have one. If it is like you said and it has a different hole pattern, you’d be likely to be able to find it in a parts breakdown, like all of the other missing parts were.

The most likely scenario is that Baddest does NOT in fact have a deflector, and no Timberlines are supposed to have them, which makes perfect sense if it is supposed to be the “off road explorer”. Which is also why he’s seen your request for a pic, and never came back.
Thats very possible, I agree.

My dealership said that the Timberline is so new, none of their parts in their computers are updated for it. So they claim, that required parts aren't even showing up.

However, I also agree that the part would not make sense on an off road oriented explorer.

Found this on the web. About the 16 minute mark there is mention of the skid plate and a shot of it. I can't see any sign of the air deflector that is on my ST.

There is another video online of a salesperson showing a Timberline and it does not have the air deflector. However, a person in my neighborhood just had bought a 2021 platinum and I was walking the dog the other day and struck a converstation with them and we looked under it and it did not have a air deflector either.

So one could likely find videos of many trims online right now that is missing the air deflector, but I concede that there has not been any single ounce of evidence of a Timberline having one, other than a forum member alleging such.

However, since I just confirmed a brand new platinum does not have the rear deflector, is Ford just flat out dryed up of rear air deflectors at this point? But that would also make it that much harder to believe that "Baddest" got one on a Timberline, of all the models that Ford could put this unicorn of a part on.

At the end of the day my dealership is crickets on the situation. This should not be this hard to figure out.

I will try to call the Ford help line and open a case tommorow, not expecting much though.

I was not originally this motivated to figure this out, as I also had my doubts that Timberlines would get this part, but when a forum member claimed their Timberline had it, that threw me for a loop.

I’d think if they were still having supply issues, they’d simply delete it as it doesn’t have an imperative function.

I really don’t think you’re supposed to have one. If it is like you said and it has a different hole pattern, you’d be likely to be able to find it in a parts breakdown, like all of the other missing parts were.

The most likely scenario is that Baddest does NOT in fact have a deflector, and no Timberlines are supposed to have them, which makes perfect sense if it is supposed to be the “off road explorer”. Which is also why he’s seen your request for a pic, and never came back.
I also thought that since they included skid plates and marketed the Timberline as an off roader, so why include a fabric like liner that could just be ripped off.

However, My Timberline has the same fabric or polyester like pieces underneath the driver and passenger side sections of the underbody, so it not as if those particular pieces were omitted for "off road purposes" and they would be the most vulnerable to be torn off when challenging the break over angle of the timberline when going off road

I’d think if they were still having supply issues, they’d simply delete it as it doesn’t have an imperative function.
I agree, but if there not having issues getting them, why would it be missing on a 2021 Platinum as I referenced a few posts above?

Well this may or may not help. The first link shows that part number L1MZ7811778A does not fit the 2021 Platinum or Timberline as all but one I found do. The second one shows it does fit. My suggestion is to skip Ford customer service. From my experience they will be of no help on this. I would go back to your dealer with the part number and talk to your salesman, parts counter or service. All of the above it need be. I really doubt it should be on the Timberline as it makes no sense to put this under a steel skid plate. But who knows at this point.

I agree, but if there not having issues getting them, why would it be missing on a 2021 Platinum as I referenced a few posts above?
Piss poor manufacturing?

Well this may or may not help. The first link shows that part number L1MZ7811778A does not fit the 2021 Platinum or Timberline as all but one I found do. The second one shows it does fit. My suggestion is to skip Ford customer service. From my experience they will be of no help on this. I would go back to your dealer with the part number and talk to your salesman, parts counter or service. All of the above it need be. I really doubt it should be on the Timberline as it makes no sense to put this under a steel skid plate. But who knows at this point.

Thanks Dale,

I will inquire with the dealership in reference to what the second link is illustrating.

After researching the forum and seeing the puzzles of missing parts among many models, often with no rhyme or reason, I don't think Ford knows which way is up or down as far as any consistency to what models get which parts.

Try owning a PIU. Total crapshoot which is the right part and which is not and/or what it is or is not supposed to have.

Any update on this from your dealer?
They advised they would check with whatever helpline they referred to and I have not heard back. They did not sound too confident in this resource as they did the same thing regarding whether I should have an engine cover and they never got a conclusive answer. Having the dealerships look into this stuff is all but a lost cause in my opinion.

I'm waiting for more Timberlines to hit the dealerships, particularly 2022's and I'm going to go look at them on the lot and see what they have on them.

They advised they would check with whatever helpline they referred to and I have not heard back. They did not sound too confident in this resource as they did the same thing regarding whether I should have an engine cover and they never got a conclusive answer. Having the dealerships look into this stuff is all but a lost cause in my opinion.

I'm waiting for more Timberlines to hit the dealerships, particularly 2022's and I'm going to go look at them on the lot and see what they have on them.
Have you addressed this with your salesman? When I purchased my ST it was missing 3 parts Two of those I addressed the day of purchase and it was easy to get them on order. The third I found out about a week later and a phone call to him and it also was on order. I know all dealers are different but the salesman has more skin in it to keep you happy than service or parts. They want you to return when your ready to buy again. Pretty sure you should have the engine cover, the rear air deflector I really doubt it as it makes no sense.

Have you addressed this with your salesman? When I purchased my ST it was missing 3 parts Two of those I addressed the day of purchase and it was easy to get them on order. The third I found out about a week later and a phone call to him and it also was on order. I know all dealers are different but the salesman has more skin in it to keep you happy than service or parts. They want you to return when your ready to buy again. Pretty sure you should have the engine cover, the rear air deflector I really doubt it as it makes no sense.
I'll reach out to the salesman, he was nice, but not knowledgeable.

I will say this Dale, I have watched just about every Timberline dealership review that is online now and everytime they open the hood the engine cover is not there. And as you pointed out in a few videos they give a glimpse of the underneath and there has yet to be a rear deflector, so I really feel like I need to show the dealer a Timberline that is on another lot that actually has these parts, if in fact they really are supposed to be there.

I just stopped by the dealership tonight and spoke with my salesman and the parts department. The parts department stated they have not heard anything with the cases they opened and again stated that "they can't contact Ford directly on parts" which they sarcastically said that Ford would be making it too easy.

Salesman stated that the parts dept would be the best resource for this matter.

This dealer had a 2022 Timberline on the lot and 2022 trims of XLT and ST and not a single one had a rear deflector. I opened the hood on the 2022 Timberline and it did not have a engine cover.

I also checked the glass markings on the windshield and the side windows of the first row and the stampings on the glass and nothing has changed. There is no acoustic symbol.

I'm going to leave things as they are for now, unless I eventually find a Timberline or any model at this point that dictates otherwise that I'm missing parts.

I was wondering the same thing, never heard of something like this before.

Do you notice that your engine is louder in sport mode, been waiting for another Timberline owner to come along! Our models are allegedly not supposed to have the fake engine sound over the speakers, but I can tell a big difference in sound when in sport mode.
I just got my 2022 Timberline. Speaking of sound, only 6 damn speakers for 50k, BS.

It’s not like you didn’t know there were only 6 speakers before you dropped the 50k…

I just got my 2022 Timberline. Speaking of sound, only 6 damn speakers for 50k, BS.
Welcome to the Forum Chris. :wave:
According to the Build & Price tool, this is what you get in the 800A Equipment Group.

1639585143600.png

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It’s not like you didn’t know there were only 6 speakers before you dropped the 50k…
I know. I'm just saying that for a One off edition they could have put in the B&O system.

Back