Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrrgh, had the longest day of work ever...Dustin's flight got delayed coming back from L.A. and I got slammed at work(which never happens, a good thing though).

My truck, copilot and lady should be pulling up in a few minutes, I'm strapping it down and getting on the road.

See you guys tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I thought this was going to be a good day.. We left the house on time, no arguments, good weather. We made it as far as Flagstaff which is just over two hours from here when we got a phone call from the kennel that's boarding our last dog, DX. The women said DX wouldn't stop whining, crying, and howling. She said he kept it up all night (we had dropped him off last night).

I was PISSED!!! If the dog was so damn bad why the hell didn't she call us first thing in the morning before we left town!!!

So, here I am sitting on my damn couch. In 30 more minutes I would have been in Moab had we continued as planned.

Let's see what else... The Dodge is having some sort of a problem. It's gutless and only averaged 9MPG on the round trip:eek: That's about 4 less than we would normally get with the camper and Explorer in tow. Just going to Flag and back already cost $200 in fuel:confused: Dodge replaced the lift fuel pump a couple months ago, and this is the first time I've towed since. Something is definitely wrong.

I'm just fit to be tied... I apologize to all for not showing up for THE SECOND YEAR:banghead::mad: I'm going through Moab withdrawals REALLY BAD!! We were really looking forward to seeing everyone and now I can't even give out door prizes or nutin':( Whaaaa.... yes, I'm whining:rolleyes:

Wow Rick.. Think it may also be the injector pump or maybe bad/dirty injectors?

holy $h!T this is a BAD year, to all that are there be safe have fun post pics!!! Rick that SUCKS!

Man, Rick that sucks! I think I would have told that lady to kill the dog for me, because that's what I would do when I got it home. No, I'm not serious.......well maybe just a little.;)

I already suggested doping the dog up for the weekend.

I already suggested doping the dog up for the weekend.

I actually took your advice and called our vet from Flagstaff. She was ok with giving the kennel meds to calm the dog, but the kennel didn't want to do that:(

I actually took your advice and called our vet from Flagstaff. She was ok with giving the kennel meds to calm the dog, but the kennel didn't want to do that:(

Here's som more advice. Never use that kennel again.

:(:banghead::censored:

so work sucks anyone else make it ok? hopefully no more problems! I really wish I was there!:thumbdwn:

Its okay, labor day will all make it to colorado! I cant wait! Gonna start working on the 700r4 conversion next month!

got my transmission back today from the rebuilders, instead of wheeling in moab I'm wrenching in CO this weekend..... fingers crossed for all of you who made it!!

OK, guys, post some pics / trail reports already!!!

(I'm headed up to Lockwood Creek / Miller Jeep trail with my boys tonight to at least get SOME trail time this weekend!!)

Okay, here's the first trail report.

We started out on Rose Garden Hill on our way out to Top of the World. We lost Painter Ken due to a puking and overheating tranny and a couple of others who didn't want to brave the hill. Understandable, it was a little more than expected. Ken headed back to camp to bypass the radiator cooler and install a huge tranny cooler with a fan.

About 2 miles later, I realized my steering wheel was upside down when going stright, about 180 degrees from it's normal postion. Got out and looked and my trac-bar mount was starting to come off the frame. Five years and my booger welds finally let go :( Me and MrBoyle bailed from there and headed back to town to get to the shop before they closed at 5 to get it back in place. $60 later, Good to go.

Got back to camp after the trac-bar repairs and helped Ken finish up his tranny cooler, then I investigated the squeek and clunk from my front end. Turns out all the lug nuts on my passenger front were loose, causing the clunk. Squeek is written off to dusty brakes.

Got that all buttoned up and Ken wanted to do a quick test run on his tranny cooling issue. Nothing closer than potato salad hill. So I rounded up R.J. and Strawhat, I think, nice yellow early Bronco.

I attempted the hill, wussed out after three attempts and let someone else go. The EB walked right up it. After that, I followed his line and did the same. Ken followed and made it on his first attempt.

Dramatic music please, ..................................................

THe EB goes for a second attempt on a harder line, and the hil claim another victim. Two full rolls, three tires off there beads, and he comes to rest with his front axle strattling a rock keeping the rolls out of the gully. NO INJURIES :D

After resetti ng two beads and throwing the spare on the other, the EB fired right up and drove itself onto the trailer for the ride back to camp. Here ends another happy day in Moab. Don't worry, they have a whole new front clip, fenders, and a hood at home to repair the body scars.

Sounds like this will be an eventful weekend already! As always, we're anxioulsy waiting for pics to drool over. :) And glad no one was injured in the rollover.

...:eek:...That is a nice rig...:thumbsup:....but ouch, that don't look like it will buff out...Glad you are ok...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yow!! Sounds like an eventful day:eek: Kevin, what did you do to fix up your trac bar mount?? Any pics??

I hope there's less carnage today. Be safe and have a great time:D:burnout:

Wish I was there:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back