Moab 2010, MAY 22-23 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2010, MAY 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to go from the confirmed list to the more than likely not going to make it list. Things are not going well and I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to finish the Toyota in time. If by some miracle I get everything ready in time I'll be there, but at this point I don't see it happening.

Man that sucks, I have an empty seat as well and a large tent site to myself at canyonlands in case you don't finish the toy in time. Your more than welcome to come pitch your tent and ride along if you like.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whoa... This is starting to sound like a midwest run! People dropping like flies in the last 2 weeks prior to the event. :thumbdwn:

I'm gonna be footing a CC tab after this trip, but it's worth it to pay it off this summer for this event!

Dude, i got an open seat if you wanna show up. :)

That would be awesome James. Too bad it's it's too late for me to put in for vacation time.:(

Whoa... This is starting to sound like a midwest run! People dropping like flies in the last 2 weeks prior to the event. :thumbdwn:

:dunno: Life happens...

I have had to shell out some funds this month as well, and with my surgery healing taking a little longer than anticipated, I hope I still make it. I can almost get into my truck...

Anyone got a tent site they want to share? Heck I may not even be able to sleep in my tent, may have to get a room, if I lay on the ground now, there is no shot of me getting back up. Gonna give it another week of healing first, the human body can do amazing things when a trip to Moab is involved.

Anyone got a tent site they want to share? Heck I may not even be able to sleep in my tent, may have to get a room, if I lay on the ground now, there is no shot of me getting back up. Gonna give it another week of healing first, the human body can do amazing things when a trip to Moab is involved.

Sure Chad, I'll split my camp site since it looks like Mike may be out of the run.

Mike - - Got an open seat if you can make it out...

Paul
'91 Sport

I had surgery done on my abdomen on 4/29 to repair a couple small hernias in my belly. Well the surgery ended up taking him 4 hrs to complete and they put mesh in my abdomen from nippples to my belly button, as there was alot more than 2 hernias. And they used 14 incisions instead of 2-3 for laproscopic.

So my healing time has been very slow, and I am hoping that this week things get alot better.

Chad if you need a bed I'm pretty sure the cabin I'm getting has 4 bunks in it... Gotta bring your own bedding and pillows though... They don't provide that...

WELL CRAP... I just found out that my co-pilot is having some personal drama this morning... He's out... He was supplying the trailer too, so I'm out... What a freaking bummer... I've been waiting 10 years to go... Oh well, maybe by next year I'll be able to buy my own trailer...

I motion to close thread...that way no one else will be able to drop out of the run

WELL CRAP... I just found out that my co-pilot is having some personal drama this morning... He's out... He was supplying the trailer too, so I'm out... What a freaking bummer... I've been waiting 10 years to go... Oh well, maybe by next year I'll be able to buy my own trailer...

So I am guessing that his personal issues are preventing you from still using the trailer?

That sucks man. Sorry you had to cancel so close.

Could you rent a trailer? Just an idea.

Ill be in Moab that weekend as well! :) Going with a ton of friends from Salt Lake City. They have a few yotas and RZRs so not sure if I'm going to drive the Explorer over there, or save lots of money and take my Taurus! depends on how many open seats they have. But would love to meet a bunch of people from the forum either way :) We will be in CanyonLands I believe, (friends wife took care of that so not 100% sure) Anyways should know in the next week if the Explorer is going. We will be there Thursday and wheel Friday and are doing a river rafting trip with all the wives on Saturday and chill Sunday. Anyways just saw this thread and was excited it happened to be the same weekend!!!

Anyone else's work day just d r r a a a a g g i n g along???

Then when you get home to prep some stuff for the trip, time seems to go into hyper-space and its midnight before you know it ?!?!?

Not too much work productivity going on this week. . .:rolleyes:

Really getting the itch to get there. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

I will be driving my jeep but it is now sporting some of the explorer in it too! My son said he will be driving his 96' X as well ;) Starting to Jones as this is the first time to Moab this year. (DAMN ECONOMY!)

Attachments

• 0508101659.jpg
    0508101659.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 0418101315.jpg
    0418101315.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 170

Getting real anxious- we leave in 6 days! :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone else's work day just d r r a a a a g g i n g along???

Then when you get home to prep some stuff for the trip, time seems to go into hyper-space and its midnight before you know it ?!?!?

Not too much work productivity going on this week. . .:rolleyes:

Really getting the itch to get there. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

You said it Paul. I am not getting much done at work except making list of things to do when I get home.

hvac, what happened to your Explorer? Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back