Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
KSL weather says today and tomorrow should have the classic 'summer soakers' (thunderstorms) rolling thru with mixed partly cloudy skys. The weekend right now says mid 70's and sunny :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We always meet at the City Market located in the center of town.

We try to pull out by 9am. Arriving a half hour early lets you BS with the members and pick up some pre-made sandwiches, etc at the Market.

Just got back from our first day on the trails. Went to Area BFE and did Minor Threat, then went a little ways further and did Green Day. On the way out, we got lost on a section of Strike Ravine and then somehow found ourselves doing Minor Threat backwards.

And yes, we did get some rain, completely different driving experience.

We got lost on a section of Strike Ravine and then somehow found ourselves doing Minor Threat backwards. . .

Meh, I prefer "temporarily disoriented" . . .

Fun day,

Paul
'91 Sport

We boldly went were we could not remember going before on a section of Strike Ravine and then somehow found ourselves doing Minor Threat backwards.

And yes, we did get some rain, completely different driving experience.

That's more like it. Least that's the way folks I know tell it.:D

Definitely plan on eating lunch out on the trail.

Moab Brewery is the place to go for dinner, except for Saturday, when we all have reservations at the Branding Iron:chug:

Have you ever taken the back way from Junction Mike? Im pondering about coming in the back way to Moab Thursday afternoon vis the Castleton-Gateway road that leaves from Gateway, CO.

No I personally haven't, but I've wanted to. If you want to run it, I'll meet you in Gateway.

I'm sure the PNW guys are enjoying their rainy day fun in the desert southwest! Its been raining here off and on all day. Supposed to clear up thurs or fri and be clear this weekend, but bring rain gear and or light jackets because this is the high desert and you never know what the weather will bring.

Changed out the rear shocks on the tow rig. The Rancho 9000s were really sacked out after 10 years. Practically no resistance!

The new Rancho's are much larger in diameter overall, and they also have a thicker shaft. Wish I could have done all 4 at once... Looking forward to the ride to Moab:bounce:

No I personally haven't, but I've wanted to. If you want to run it, I'll meet you in Gateway.

With the rain the area is getting it could be a muddy mess so I think Im just going to go my normal route. Some other time though for sure! If I get to town early enough I may run Potash road into the Schafer switchbacks and out the Canyonlands entrance.

I'm sure the PNW guys are enjoying their rainy day fun in the desert southwest! Its been raining here off and on all day..

Moab Rim today, most did the Z-Turn ascent in the rain, then had to wait out a thunderstorm for about 30 minutes, but witnessed a Moab rarity - - a 100' waterfall off the higher canyon rim.

We all welcomed a dry descent.

Another good day, and no seat upholstery "injested" requiring surgical removal . . .

Paul
'91 Sport

With the rain the area is getting it could be a muddy mess so I think Im just going to go my normal route. Some other time though for sure! If I get to town early enough I may run Potash road into the Schafer switchbacks and out the Canyonlands entrance.

Sounds good. Are you still planning to camp out at AreaBFE?

Sounds good. Are you still planning to camp out at AreaBFE?

Sort of- I will be camping somewhere but not sure about @ BFE. There are some nice campsites just the other side of the highway from the road to BFE or up the road towards Kane Creek. Im sure we will meet up sometime Thursday evening and go from there. If we dont see each other just give me a call/txt or I will call you.

Woot! :bounce:

We finally made it. Took 3 days, but better late than never. ;)

Probably hiking at Arches park tomorrow, then wheel starting Thur. Will meet up with the crew in the AM at the Market to say hello.

We're loaded up and headed out. See yall Thursday evening! :D

Meh, I prefer "temporarily disoriented" . . .

At least you didn't end up with a new nickname like "Chief GPS'm and Still Lost"....

Well I held out to the bitter end, but I'm gonna have to back out. Too many negative things happening right now. Which is ironic because a moab trip would make it all go away for a while! Everyone have a great time ( easy to do) be safe! Take lots of pics and hopefully I'll see you soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At least you didn't end up with a new nickname like "Chief GPS'm and Still Lost"....

Sounds like another member for the Fakrwee tribe :D

Back