• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Well I held out to the bitter end, but I'm gonna have to back out. Too many negative things happening right now. Which is ironic because a moab trip would make it all go away for a while! Everyone have a great time ( easy to do) be safe! Take lots of pics and hopefully I'll see you soon.
Dang, sorry to hear it. We were looking forward to seeing you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

crazyflights

Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
Have fun everyone!!!

Diff Whack Daddy

And the Roll Over Posse! Under the Hood Moderator
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
Well I held out to the bitter end, but I'm gonna have to back out. Too many negative things happening right now. Which is ironic because a moab trip would make it all go away for a while! Everyone have a great time ( easy to do) be safe! Take lots of pics and hopefully I'll see you soon.
Well poop! That sucks. There's still time to change your mind though.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
Guilbeaux, MrQ, and myself are end route. We will stay over in north new Mexico tonight, then roll into moab Thursday afternoon

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Will there be a remote radio show?...:D

Benji-Man

is struggling with
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Anger Management
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Audi A3
Shannon and I are heading out in about an hour. Sleeping in Kansas somewhere, then Moab Thursday afternoon. Any suggestions about places to stop/avoid along Interstate 70 from St Louis

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Shannon and I are heading out in about an hour. Sleeping in Kansas somewhere, then Moab Thursday afternoon. Any suggestions about places to stop/avoid along Interstate 70 from St Louis
I would try to make it as close to the Co border as you can. We stayed in Aurora Co and took us 8 hours to get to moab from there.

MoabB2

Reaction score
City, State
South Jordan, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 Bronco II (97 Mercury)
The PNW crew has arrived in Moab. Drinking beer and relaxing for the evening.
I was down in Moab April 26-May 5....passed you guys on my way home to Salt Lake somewhere between Wellington and I70. Hope you're having fun!

Trying to get my front ARB working again before coming back down tomorrow night...still not sure if I can have it done in time but I'm holding out hope!

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Flying out tomorrow morning; ETA Moab sometime around 6pm. Woohoo!

Happy Jack

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
I have had luck at Motel 6's along the way if like those. If you can make Denver the one on Peoria St. is ok. They have a guy who walks the lot at night to watch your stuff. Parking is ok but a lot of truckers use the place and if you get in late could be a problem if you have a trailer. On line sometimes has lower cost rates. They call it
Airport #312
12020 E 39th Avenue
Denver, CO 80239
Phone: (303) 371-1980

On line says the one in Goodland is showing as full with no rooms available so either it is closed or something big is going on. Colby has one and rooms. You can try on line Yahoo or Expedia or some such. My stuff shows the Airport one above $1 less than the one in Colby. Colby will have more parking but is a long ways from Moab.

Course if it snows tonight up on Eisenhower you won't get over till almost noon. Folks I know in Denver wait till late morning to let the jacked knifed rigs and backed up traffic to clear. So keep an eye on the weather. If you make it to Denver, and it snows up to the west, just sleep in a bit and take your time leaving town. Make it easier to get through Denver also.

Last edited:

chad551

Reaction score
City, State
St.Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
When I drove from St.Louis I stopped at Holiday Inn Express either in Colby,KS, or Goodland, KS. After Goodland,KS there is nothing left for a long time except gas stations. You might as well drive to Denver at that point. From Denver to Moab is where the fun starts. I always left STl around 3-5PM and drove until 11-12. Usually got to Moab in the afternoon 2-3 time frame the next day.

chad551

Reaction score
City, State
St.Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
Oh forgot to mention I am very jealous of all you, and I hope you all have a fun safe trip in Moab and your return home. Regret for selling my rig is killing me now.:banghead:

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Woot! First trail for the rig and it did better than expected. Still learning the characteristics of it, but after another day out, should be fine. Becky tried her hand first time on a steep climb obstacle, learned the skinny peddle in low range is quite dif than on the asphalt. LOL!

Thanks to all the PNW crew for letting us slow them down and riding along. :thumbsup:

Cant wait until tomorrow! :D

Kris Guilbeaux

Elite Demon Secretary
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Nav, 99 Mounty, 98 Ex

Benji-Man

is struggling with
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Anger Management
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Audi A3
Waiting out a hailstorm

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
"Flying" !?
Can't drive this year. I'm 2,000 miles away.... six days to drive there and back not including time spent in Moab. I don't have the vacation time or money to do it. Plus, fuel to feed the Explorer for the trip would cost twice the price of airfare + car rental... something else I cannot afford. On top of that I've been healing from a hernia and surgery, and have not been able to work on the new Explorer this year to get it ready for the trail. It still does not have lockers, rocksliders, etc.

It was fly out or not come at all. I chose to fly. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

AspenX

Reaction score
City, State
Garland, TX Aspen,Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB 4x4,04 Z06 Corvette

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rick Moab 2013 Photos and Videos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 230
Rick Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
Rick Moab 2020 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
Albino 94LTD 2019 EF Moab run May 13-19 Discussion thread Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 64
Rick Moab 2018 Dates June 1 - 3 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 99
Glasken Moab 2017 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 47
Rick Video from EF's first run in Moab - 2000 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
Rick Moab 2016 Photos and Video Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 85
MrQ Moab 2016 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 434
Stic-o So California crew to Moab Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Brian1 Trip Report: Overland Expo to Moab May 2015 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Rick Pics from Moab 2000 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
adamsbro2 Little moab Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
Rick Moab 2015 - May 22-24 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 467
adamsbro2 Moab 2015 Planning - Setting a date Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 29
B Moab june 4-8 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
adamsbro2 Moab 2014 May 16-18 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 202
E Moab trip Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
CheapThrillEX Back from Moab.... Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
Tbars4 Official Moab to Monument Valley 2012 trip report Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 94
NHarris Anyone going to be in Moab this weekend? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
Char EF "Regular" Moab Trip Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 30
crazyflights Moab Trip April 30-May 5th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
F 2WD Off-Roading near Moab? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
Tbars4 Moab Expedition Trip April 17-25, 2012 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 253
MoabB2 2011 Moab Bronco Safari, May 1-8 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
MoabB2 Moab 2011 - May 21 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 235
Rick Return from Moab 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109
Paul Pre-Moab Rig Fixing Get-Together! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 97
Diff Whack Daddy Moab 2010, MAY 22-23 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 364
B Moab playtime Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 19
Diff Whack Daddy Moab Caravan Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 113
james t Moab run 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 79
Brian1 Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009 & Moab - Act Now! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 23
crazyflights Return from Moab -pre CCR09 Run -Pics Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
P Easy Trails in Moab for dead stock Aviator Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
crazyflights Moab Trip Sept 1,2,3,ideas and advice, checking interest Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Rick Return from Moab 2009! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
GJarrett Looking for Moab 2000 Photo Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
K Moab Trail Suggestions? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
ProjectAviator Could this be our last Moab G2G?? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
RFR2212 Moab 09 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
ProjectAviator Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 369
RFR2212 Sept Moab/NM trip-interested? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
Diff Whack Daddy Moab 2008 Pics and Videos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 79
Perry Non 4x4 Moab trip Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
B Who's planning on going to Moab in May? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
C Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 561
Z Moab Activist "Trail" Ride Oct 3. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
Rick Moab 2007 Photos & Trip Report Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 143