Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Ok truck loaded and just about done loading everything else plan is to leave around 9ish tomorrow morning.....see yall there.

20130508_104946_zps2dc39722.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well it will be good to see ya either way.. On a side note three of the Texas Gang have made it to Albuquerque, NM.

Can't drive this year. I'm 2,000 miles away.... six days to drive there and back not including time spent in Moab. I don't have the vacation time or money to do it. Plus, fuel to feed the Explorer for the trip would cost twice the price of airfare + car rental... something else I cannot afford. On top of that I've been healing from a hernia and surgery, and have not been able to work on the new Explorer this year to get it ready for the trail. It still does not have lockers, rocksliders, etc.

It was fly out or not come at all. I chose to fly. :)

Can't make it out until Saturday morning... Short handed at work on Friday. Will be there until hopefully Monday. Looking forward to seeing you all out there!

Demon members are holed up in a hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico for the night. So far Red has been the only problem child. She vapor locked twice in the middle of an intersection and now has developed a serious vibration on the front end, which may be the front drive shaft. Worst case scenario, is just to pull the drive shaft and fix it at Moab.

Russell pulled some good video from his dash cam and hopefully by the end of the trip he will have quite a compilation to share.

Kris, Russell, and I will be pulling out around 8am and hopefully be at the KOA camp sites before 5pm.

Two froups today. First group is doing the Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim trails. Second group is running Gold Bar Rim to Rusty Nail and meeting up with the first group near Golden Crack. Departing City Market @ 8:30 am

Does anyone have or is bringing a spare first Gen stock front driveshaft they are bringing? Dans truck crapped on his and just needs a good one to wheel. Thanks guys

Does anyone have or is bringing a spare first Gen stock front driveshaft they are bringing? Dans truck crapped on his and just needs a good one to wheel. Thanks guys

Define crapped out. We have a complete driveshaft, but it has old u-joints in it. If his shaft is rebuildable, we can do that too. Regardless, we have the parts and tools to get something together.

Looks like all the Texas crew made it here...

:chug: See you all tomorrow afternoon!! :chug:

Checking in, we made it

Any one else staying at Koa

...A bit more carnage today and we are looking for a place to work on a couple trucks from u joints to tranny gaskets etc.

...A bit more carnage today and we are looking for a place to work on a couple trucks from u joints to tranny gaskets etc.

We have an hf c press and u joints at canyonlands #79

..Thanks..I will hook up with you today and get my issue taken care of..:biggthump

..Randall is needing a spot to swap a tranny gasket and try to find a leak..KOA don't allow wrenching up there..:nono:

We will be doing moab brewery at 630 if anyone wants to join

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Is there an update on MrQ's ride and it's PATS system?

...Did it get running or is it still being worked on in the parking lot?..I hope it did get fixed and is ready to roll..:popcorn:

Back