More Xterrain Discussion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

More Xterrain Discussion

I gotta get new wheels for the SAS and I might as well do tires now too. It would seem in the 35"s that the tires are about $50 more each for a 16" over 15" so that covers the cost of the new rims. Might as well do it versus running my 33's. I was looking around and the price is right on the Xterrains right now at buy 3 get 1 free. I have loads of other crap to pick up so I might be able to get an even better deal on them. I like the tread pattern and have seen some of you guys rave about them. I searched over at pirate and found oppinions going both ways, the main concern being witht he sidewall. Now that some of you have been running them for a while what is your oppinion? People complain about the side wall but Pro COmp claims it is sturdy and puncture resistant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I rubbed the hell out of my sidewalls on granite and limestone without a problem. The sidewalls are actually very stiff and you have to air down to below 20 to see much of a difference in height (but the footprint still improves).

I have found they do get noisier with time, but not bad at all, just a little noticable.

Overall I'm very pleased with them. I dunno if I'll get another set of them for my next time, but I am leaning towards getting them again.

Thank you finally a reply! What took you so long?:D

Anyways the price is right right now and maybe they down some more since I am buying loads of SAS crap from them. Don't look too much different than the Mickey Ts my budy has on his Ram and those peerform great off road.

Looks like I might be the owner of a set by the end of the weekend. Now to get rid of these perfectly good 33's ????? ;)

Of course I won't be able to use them for a month, but oh well they will look good in my garage!

Is the buy 3 get one free deal you are talking about from 4wheelparts? If it is, I think the deal ends in about a week. Just letting you know.

There was an add on the radio the other day I know it will still be going on Saturday and I wiil be going over there tomorrow to order some stuff so I will ask.

I ran them and loved them. I found the sidewall to be extremely flexible and held a bead well. I ran 35's with 10" rims and often ran at 8-12 psi with no problems. The tire folds well around objects - even sharp ones.

This pic doesn't show the flex, but you can see the rocks I climbed through with no problems.
slidersworkgreat.jpg

J

Back