Tires Comparable to PC Xterrains? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tires Comparable to PC Xterrains?

Anyone know of any tires that compare well with the Pro-Comp Xterrains? I need a more aggressive tread but want to stay away from MTs due to their poor traction in rain and slushy stuff. I want the Pro Comp Xterrains but they dont make them in 32x11.5x15.. ive looked at some other brands but it seems like pro-comp hit it dead on with their tread for my needs. And coopers are very expensive.

They do have them in 31x13.5x15 but i dont think they'll look right with my size lift. And no chance im fitting 33's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea but ive seen em spin trying to go up a hill (street) when it was drizzling. The PC Mud terrain is my backup tire.. id just like to find an xterrain out there. I like the directional tread and i hear it also has a better tread life.

Noise isnt an issue- i have a radio :D

And i want something a little different- most MTs look the same when you glance at first.

i know procomps are coopers.. but a mud terrain with the cooper name on the side of it costs more than the pro-comp sidewall ;) (in general, of course there are exceptions but thats not what this threads about)

reminder: procomp xterrains - anything comparable in performance AND price?? that also comes in a 32"

Mickey Thompson Baja Claw, Maxxis Mudzilla.

You could also check out the Dunlop M/Ts, they are cheap.

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
Mickey Thompson Baja Claw, Maxxis Mudzilla.

You could also check out the Dunlop M/Ts, they are cheap.

Aww man you got my hopes up! I looked at the baja claw but they dont come in 32's either...

As for the maxxis mudzilla... dude id need new tires after 2 weeks of school. I commute 70 miles a day for college.. those were sick looking tires though. but small- they didnt have any sizes over 28" at the sites i went to..

As for the Dunlop- yea my buddy just got those on his Xterra, i think $90 a piece after shipping. They dont look as aggressive as other MT's. And my minds made up- if i cant find something comparable to the Xterrain Im getting the Pro-Comp MT's (i wish i got them from the beginning.. cant really afford them now but id like to find a way)

man you aren't kiddin about MT's suckin in rain and slush...:rolleyes:

How often do you wheel?

70 miles a day is considerable for an offroad tire. Even if they wear well and don't make much noise, over time it could prove annoying.

I dont wheel like its my job. I go almost an average of once a week (sometimes more) during the summer.. and about once a month in the winter.. when it snows i go nuts though :D . And when i wheel, i do it right- mud, dirt... always have a lotta cleaning afterwards.

I would love to have 2 sets of wheels and tires but that would mean i had money..

Hmm, I am currently running the Big-O Bigfoot X/T. This is an excellent tire IMO. Very deep tread, and my buddy got over 40k miles outa them when they were on his Dodge Cummins.

Big Foot X/T

Ok, you wheel enough to have a more aggressive tire ;)

Originally posted by Alec
Ok, you wheel enough to have a more aggressive tire ;)

lol, thanks for your permission alec. ill buy ya a drink if we ever wheel together now.. :chug:

those bigfoot XT's are nice, but im afraid there gonna be close to what have now..

I say trim and go with 33x12s!

if i go that route then ill be switching to a 3" BL... but id like to keep my 32's and current setup...

i test fit some 33's with no tread and id need a whole lotta trimmin for those!!!

I thought you had an A/T tire? Anyway TSL/SSR and TSL radials come in a size 32.

TSL

Back