Motorcycle vs. Explorer..........well, ALMOST! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Motorcycle vs. Explorer..........well, ALMOST!

Okay here's the story....

My bset friend calls me and tells me he needs me to film him and his friends stunting on their bikes.

Well all goes well for a about 10 minutes, then 1 of the guys crashes....he falls off the bike and the bike coasts for about 150 ft.....STRAIGHT TOWARDS MY (wife's) EXPLORER!....it is LITERALLY going to hit the X!....as the bike slows down it loses it's 'gyro' to stay upright on it's own, and it SLOWLY turns away from the Explorer and comes to rest UPRIGHT wedged between the parking stop and a fence 1 SPACE AWAY FROM MY EXPLORER

CAUTION: Rated PG-13 for Language

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're a lucky guy. Forget the Explorer. You could have been nailed. It looked like the same guy who dumped it came pretty close to drifting into you while he was up on one... I think I would let them practice a bit more, before standing between them again:dunno:

yeah, I think I'd invest in a tripod.

Just goes to show that if you're gonna' stunt, good riding gear is invaluable. Good gloves, a riding jacket with elbow protection, pants with knee guards, and a good pair of boots and he would have walked away with nothing more than bruises.

Glad he's OK, but some people never learn...

-Joe

why don't these guys just buy dirtbikes and get up in the air where it's safe?

this is my beloved 07 gsxr 1000 r.i.p. before and after:salute: this past friday
l_1a8f134c53c4f31d98105fdc21f82e96.png

l_8c5380e6a54227a19b0b1ab696010511.png

That is the EXACT bike my best friend has....

He even got his signed by Jason Britton (sp?)...

Awesome bike!

I wanna buy a 600

Ryan

haha i love the "now walk it out" part.

This is why I drive something with a cage for my risk taking activitys:rolleyes:

Haha, I can see a new fad now, motorcycles with cages!

its called a crash cage. except it only protects the bike :p: get some good leathers, a back protector and u can survive a fall.....just try not to flail into fences, cars, sign posts etc.

im on my fourth bike. :D

Back