my 93 limited 4x4 5speed | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 93 limited 4x4 5speed

Here it is, has some great mods. I take no credit for any of the mods done on this vehicle. The guys i got it from are basically the Messiahs of Explorers. Im lucky enough to live real close to them and help them out occasionally. Im sure some of you will recognize this truck, and know who im talking about.

Ever since they brought this truck home i had been drooling over it. Not sure why but i immediately fell in love with it.

Anyways tell me what yall think. I have a 2" skyjacker lift ordered, aals came in today actually. Just waiting on the springs.

My plan is to have a few more mods done by May so i can go to Moab.

P.S. I know some of you are going to ask, but the truck has 31s on it and no lift in the pics. Fenders are cut, again i take no credit.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

We did some work to it yesterday. Finally got around to installing my 2" lift and 1.5 add a leafs. Im very happy with how it turned out. Eventually ill probably put 32s on but for now im sticking with the 31s. Everything went smooth nothing was seized up thank god. I did have to repair a broken shock mount but that was easy. We also installed new tie rod ends. The alignment was so bad that we had to do a eyeball alignment so i could get it home. Tomorrow im taking it to the ford house to get it properly aligned. Next is probably a set of wheels, lil more aggressive stance i want. I think then ill purchase the new dog legs to get rid of the rust spot. Tell me what ya think.

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

d7828ab9-6b5f-4c19-a823-0a799ea20f37.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

Stripe really is coming together bud! He's lookin' real sharp, and glad you are happy with him. Looks like Bandit Customs got yea taken care of!! :thumbsup:

I have alot of fun wrenching on em with you guys!

That looks great. I will be getting a Lift like what you got for mine also. After doing yours does it look like 32's will fit underneath pretty good?

Ya i think 32s would fit easily, but keep in mind my front fenders are cut back a bit.

Didnt do to much to mine today. Helped with a 5.0 swap, i did however power wash all the mud off mine. Im going to order some steel wheels soon, what is a good backspace to get for a little more aggressive stance?? Also i plan on pulling off the fog lights and trying to clean up the lens a bit, kinda foggy now......

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

I got caught in a storm last night still didnt get the mud all off.

Figured id start it up and let her idle for a bit, since i did not drive it at all last week. Took some pics!
11150372_10204010325649538_1459800299889619763_n.jpg

11174892_10204010326089549_4968013161413347434_n.jpg

Ok guys new game for the Explorer is an engine rebuild. Couple of my friends are generious enough to give me a complete and running 4.0 ohv to rebuild. Now i wont have my truck down at all. Its not my DD but it will still be nice to cruise around in it.

Not sure what im going to exactly do to the rebuild. I kinda want to keep it stock, but the hotrodder in me wants a cam, etc. Seems like everyone that does a hotrod 4.0 ohv is always having problems. I just want to turn the key and go, i dont like constantly tinkering on something.

Yall chime in and give me some ideas on what i should.

Heres some pics of our last outing, we did about 220 miles of nothing but offroad here in Central Texas. We really love this truck, and its actually my first 4x4 so we are having some fun with it!!!
DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

Well, i ordered some James Duff shocks today. Cant wait to get them on. I have bilsteins on the front now and stocks in the rear. Both are to short for the 2" lift. Rides kinda funny.

Really nice guys there at Duff!

Damn I'm lazy, im pictured in this thread and I haven't even commented. Probably just sad I gave up another limited. Any way glad this truck is gonna get plenty of good use.

Well got the Duff shocks in! I did get some what frustrated with the way Duffs sends out his shocks. You need to pull the bushing out and fight the mount to get thru the bushing. Then reinstall the bushing. Luckily i have some experience in this as ive redid countless suspension bearings on motorcycles. Still a bear tho!!!

The front shocks were good just to short, the rears were originals from 93, one barely compressed, the other just felt like a spring.

I took it for a quick ride around the neighborhood. Big difference! Overall im happy with the shocks, even with the small issue.

DSC_0382.jpg

FB_IMG_1432081660201.jpg

FB_IMG_1432082360851.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

Im so proud of all the hard work you are putting into Stripe.

Well i now know why you didnt replace the rear shocks LOL they are a pain! I think next is new dog legs and a set of wheels.

Guess its official now, got these today.
DSC_0389.jpg

Back