My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!!

I traded in this: (99 XLT 2" TT, War153's, 1" body lift on 33's)
picture.php

For this: (2000 5.0L AWD Eddie Bauer) on 8-28-2009
picture.php

Mods so far:
Clear corners
Knock off of magnaflow muffler dual 2.5" in single 2.5" out
Mac Intake
Vent visors
Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
Removed Air Ride
4406 Manual T-case

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Records:
Purchased 08/28/2009 With 109,000 Miles-Im the 3rd owner
09/04/2009 New front brake shoes and rotors
09/04/2009 Motorcraft Plugs & Wires
09/11/2009 Flushed out Coolant
09/18/2009 Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
09/24/2009 Seafoam Treatment
04/15/2010 Installed JVC Deck
04/19/2010 Replaced Outer Tie Rods and installed camber adjusters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That thing is wayyyyyyyyyy too mint to lift. I'd leave it alone. The ventvisors, HID's, and audio/video the hell out of the interior. Brush/tail gaurds and some Hellas on the front..Other than that..that truck is absolute perfection..I can't get over it.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Got my vent visors and bug deflector! Im honestly not a big fan of bug deflectors but they really do protect your hood from rock chips.
picture.php

looks good

That thing is wayyyyyyyyyy too mint to lift. I'd leave it alone. The ventvisors, HID's, and audio/video the hell out of the interior. Brush/tail gaurds and some Hellas on the front..Other than that..that truck is absolute perfection..I can't get over it.

haha thanks! It's really not as mint as it looks in the pictures. It's got a couple very minor scratches and a small ding on the hood...No idea how that could have happend. Also Im still picking dog hair out of the cargo area. It doesnt smell like dog but there was alot of hair in the back.

Yeah, it looks brand new in the pics. Just be careful w/ the bug gaurd. I bought my 98 with it already on and when I looked behind it there was years of built up crap that I'd have to scrape off. The kid who had the truck before me never took care of it but I guess it's something that someone could overlook over the years.

Yeah that happens quick especially here in oregon with all the wet weather and trees around. On my 99 I took it off every spring and gave it a coat of wax...Ill do the same with the EB

I closed my build thread and posted a couple pictures of it lifted in the very first post of this thread. BTW I messed around on some little trails last weekend and I was impressed with the AWD haha! I thought it would be wayy worse than it is. 4406 is still going in though!

I crashed my baby today into a wire fence. Nothing too serious, just some nice deep scratches on the pass. Side front bumper, pass side front quarter panel, and pass side rear quarter panel. I'm just going to paint or hurculine all the gold trim and touch up the body.... I'll get some damage pics up probably Thursday. I was pretty pissed when it first happend but then I though to myself the next scratch or ding I get will just be adding to the collection and I won't stress over it. Haha

OMG! Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave up a long time ago at keeping my truck perfect and clean... there's too much out there that's against you... specially if you're gonna off-road any. Battle Scars!

that sux u scratched ur x ur x looks bad ass

I got a couple of newer pictures up in the very first post. Unfortunately nothing has really changed with her. I installed camber adjusters and got a JVC deck. I'm saving up for my 1" BL and 4406 then she will be ready for the trails:thumbsup::D I cannot tell you how much I miss wheeling.

lets see the pics of the 4406 and the inch body lift!! im thinking of getting the 32x11.50x15 Maxxis Bighorns myself wanna see what it looks like with the BL.

Installed my new cobra cb radio today and ordered a set of Hella 500's which will be here in a few days. The 4406 will be going in shortly too.:D

lets see the pics of the 4406 and the inch body lift!! im thinking of getting the 32x11.50x15 Maxxis Bighorns myself wanna see what it looks like with the BL.

haha I have a couple crappy pictures in my 4406 swap thread that I took in the shop after we finished it in post 18...http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275734

The 4406 isn't in yet but I hope to have it in a couple weeks if all goes well. the only thing holding me back is money for the drive shafts and linkage.

I need some opinions here! I wrecked her into a fence playing in the snow a few months ago and scraped the front bumper. Then last night when I was buying my CB some old guy backed into my front bumper doing even more damage.:mad:

Anyway do you think I should hurculine all the gold or just leave the damage?

I'd Herculine it....I think it would look good with the red....

As long as you made other parts of the trim match, not nessisarily hurculiner but black.. ya know?

i looove how that looks!!! one of these days i might have to break down and lift mine!

Back