My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!!

I traded in this: (99 XLT 2" TT, War153's, 1" body lift on 33's)
picture.php

For this: (2000 5.0L AWD Eddie Bauer) on 8-28-2009
picture.php

Mods so far:
Clear corners
Knock off of magnaflow muffler dual 2.5" in single 2.5" out
Mac Intake
Vent visors
Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
Removed Air Ride
4406 Manual T-case

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Records:
Purchased 08/28/2009 With 109,000 Miles-Im the 3rd owner
09/04/2009 New front brake shoes and rotors
09/04/2009 Motorcraft Plugs & Wires
09/11/2009 Flushed out Coolant
09/18/2009 Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
09/24/2009 Seafoam Treatment
04/15/2010 Installed JVC Deck
04/19/2010 Replaced Outer Tie Rods and installed camber adjusters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 98+ ex's only need a sway bar up front...according to the EE website

You've got it backwards. Pre-98 Explorers have wimpy front and rear swaybars. 98+ have a beefy front bar as stock (improvement over previous years). The rear is the only one you need to upgrade on a 98+ (been there, done that....twice).

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Could it be that you are slowly converting to the street side of things? lol

And what's wrong with that? :p:

(I remember when you were too!)

I think it is great! So much easier to keep the X clean.

thanks for links person21 I pmd the guy with the mac. I hope he reply's soon. For the sway bar Im willing to pay 50.00 more to get a new one never installed.

I wouldn't really say street. She's staying mostly stock except for a muffler, intake, tinted windows....Im going to be getting all terrains for it soon so I can move around in the snow.

lookin bad ass russ ur x is bad ass

on the first page

Sorry, I confuse easily.

I've never been a big Toreador Red fan, but yours has me thinking otherwise. Looks great.

I just said that cause airmax looks larger...and it's only for 98+ 5.0s for some reason....idk why

I like my mac it looks shiny and looks new filter attached....the old one was the stock mac...which had turned a tar black from use

The Airmax is larger by 1/2 in. I have both intakes now and like my Airmax.

Why not buy the used sway bar? It's just a chunk of metal that no one will ever see. I could see not wanting used wheels that had some scratches, or something else that was highly visible, but a black sway bar isn't going to be seen at all. Maybe use that extra money you save and have it sent to Turdle and powder coated the color of your choice.

And for the intake, the intake tube size won't make much if any difference, they're both larger than the throttle body, elbow and upper intake opening which are your bottlenecks on the intake side.

because ive been ripped off in the past buying from the public. Im more comfortable buying from a well known company.

Very Clean Truck!! Reminds me so much of mine. A Wannabe EB lol haha!

I got a new muffler today! It sounds almost exactly like a Mustang GT. The muffler is a knock off brand of magnaflow. I got it because it was cheaper and the guy at the shop said if im not 100% happy with it in one week he will cut it off and put a magnaflow in it's place. It's a 2.5" dual inlet 3" single out but I only went with 2.5" from the muffler back because i didnt want it too loud.

I got a new muffler today! It sounds almost exactly like a Mustang GT. The muffler is a knock off brand of magnaflow. I got it because it was cheaper and the guy at the shop said if im not 100% happy with it in one week he will cut it off and put a magnaflow in it's place. It's a 2.5" dual inlet 3" single out but I only went with 2.5" from the muffler back because i didnt want it too loud.

That was pretty much the first mod I did to mine. And so it begins. I'd love to hear it. Did you keep the resonator?

you know, I didnt see a resinator under there. Where is it supposed to be located?

you know, I didnt see a resinator under there. Where is it supposed to be located?

I think the stock one was just downstream of the muffler. How is the drone (if any) inside now?

then no I don't have it. Drone isnt bad at all. Its really only loud when I step on it and right at 2K RPM.

Back