Nav SD Card | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nav SD Card

Spiffums

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 & 2013 Ford Explorer
We bought a 2013 Explorer limited on Friday June 19th. It's a CPO vehicle and I've been learning the SYNC stuff. I noticed today that it didn't come with a SD card for the nav system. I assume the person who traded it in kept the card.

I'm going to stop at the dealership on Monday and ask about it. I just wanted to ask if CPO vechicles are supposed to come with the card or if it's something you have to pay extra.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We bought a 2013 Explorer limited on Friday June 19th. It's a CPO vehicle and I've been learning the SYNC stuff. I noticed today that it didn't come with a SD card for the nav system. I assume the person who traded it in kept the card.

I'm going to stop at the dealership on Monday and ask about it. I just wanted to ask if CPO vechicles are supposed to come with the card or if it's something you have to pay extra.

Look at your home screen, if upper right corner reads "insert SD card" then your car came with navigation and it would work if you insert it, but if that corner reads "Information" then your car is not equipped with navigation and there is no way to add it now.

Look at your home screen, if upper right corner reads "insert SD card" then your car came with navigation and it would work if you insert it, but if that corner reads "Information" then your car is not equipped with navigation and there is no way to add it now.

Thank you very much! It says Information so I don't need a card because it doesn't have navigation. I can use my phone anyways. Thanks again for the help.

Yes there is. :)

Of course there is, I forgot about you Jason, :), sorry...

No need to be sorry....what I find hard to believe is only 2 people with explorers have gone for it so far. Most have been Taurus owners. Not one complaint so far. Everyone loves have OEM navigation once I added it.

So how does one add the navigation feature? I am less than impressed with the whole Sync system. I've had a Samsung S4 and now an iPhone 6 and it has issues connecting and the Sync likes to skip songs 30 seconds in. This would be a welcome addition if I could add this. I have a 2013 XLT.

Back