Need Alternator

Lazzman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport 4wd- V6 Sohc
Anyone know who makes a good alternator for a '98 sohc V6 motor. It is the 130 amp alternator with the internal voltage regulator.

Will be selling this truck soon so I do not want to spend a ton of money on a super premium alternator.

Bought a brand new one from Napa two years ago and it already crapped out, it was not remanufactured it was brand new.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know who makes a good alternator for a '98 sohc V6 motor. It is the 130 amp alternator with the internal voltage regulator.

Will be selling this truck soon so I do not want to spend a ton of money on a super premium alternator.

Bought a brand new one from Napa two years ago and it already crapped out, it was not remanufactured it was brand new.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Do you have the receipt for the NAPA one? They will replace it free. Their new alternators are supposed to be the best, that is what I bought.

Advance auto has them for $120 reman, they are delco remy remans with a lifetime warranty. You can give the receipt to the new owner. That even beats rockauto prices. I doubt you will find anything better than that price/quality wise.

I agree, take it back to NAPA and have them replace it, it should have a lifetime warranty on it.

Dan

Ok, it does not have any info on the receipt at to what is covered and for how long.

I have had it for almost two years.

They did not have a remanufactured in stock so I had to by a new one at $220.

Thanks for the info :D

Ok, it does not have any info on the receipt at to what is covered and for how long.

I have had it for almost two years.

They did not have a remanufactured in stock so I had to by a new one at $220.

Thanks for the info :D

All NAPA new and some remans are lifetime. All have a 3yr warranty. You have a free replacement alternator. Just bring it in.

Back