Need Body Lift Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Body Lift Help!

1994-Xplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT Eddie Bauer
Im installing a 3in. Performance Acc. Body Lift and i have took all the 10 body nuts off, but Can't get the factory body rubber bushings/bolts off.
158703.jpg

158702.jpg

When the Explorer is raised the factory rubber and bolts will not come off. Also, i dont know what the 3in. nylon block will look like under the truck(please post pictures) and i dont know what factory parts i keep when installing the body lift.:dunno:

This is my first lift of any kind and i really need some help and guidance to finish the lift.

If im understanding your question correctly you have it right the way it is now, just jack up your truck off of those rubber pads on top of your frame, put the pucks on top of them, and put the bolts in through the holes (takes some patience) and screw them through the nuts and washers on the bottom of the frame and tighten it all down and you'll be all set.

So i just have to jack up the truck put the 3in. pucks on the rubber that is there, and use the new nuts and bolts. But what about the thread from the bolts that are left in there. I had 2 bolts sheer off.

Also at the very front (by the radiator) still has threads left. I took the nuts off of them, but like I said, still has threads....now I'm committed to this job - and getting nervous.

If anyone has pictures of their lift, I'd like to see the finished product of the pucks and spacing underneath the truck.

Lastly, what needs to be disconected at the fire-wall?
Thanks!

body lift

Im installing a 3in. Performance Acc. Body Lift and i have took all the 10 body nuts off, but Can't get the factory body rubber bushings/bolts off.
158703.jpg

158702.jpg

When the Explorer is raised the factory rubber and bolts will not come off. Also, i dont know what the 3in. nylon block will look like under the truck(please post pictures) and i dont know what factory parts i keep when installing the body lift.:dunno:

This is my first lift of any kind and i really need some help and guidance to finish the lift.

I went through this process last summer. If you got all the stock bolts off, then you are well on your way. I had a really tough time getting the fronts off. You will have to bore off the threads of the front bolts in order to accomadate the new ones. Also, instead of installing them from below as the stock ones were, drop the bolts in.

Outside of the bumper bolts, you will NOT need to keep any of the factory bolts as your kit should provide you with all you need.

It is better for you to remove all wires from the wheel well. After the install, some will go back to their original holes (albeit more snugg) and some will not. I have since seen some installs where they just leave the wires where they are after the install, and others re-drill new placements in the well.

The most tedious of little things was the e-brake bracket, the steering column extender, and realigning the bumbers. It was definetly a bigger project than the instructions alluded to, if I knew then what I know now, I might have just went for the S-lift, but at the end of the day, the B-lift was cheaper than the S-lift.

Lastly, I used loctite at the bottom of all connections. The instructions allude to the idea that one must check all conections after so many miles and failing to do so will void their "implied warranty of merchantibility." Have no fear as this is NOT the proper way to waive said warranty.

Back