need help door locks automatically unlock when car is off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help door locks automatically unlock when car is off

frank1234

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer sport trac
I have 1997 explorer sport I have recently changed the spark plugs and wires and the front and back O2 sensors a day after the replacement my wife returned to her car after work and the radio stations had reset themselves and now this morning she went outside to go to work and the cabin lights were on and the door locks were unlocked she relocked the doors and 5 seconds later the door locks un locked. Now the battery is dead most likely due to the cabin light was on all night and I also have a code reader and there are no codes detected. Were do I start

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have the battery and alternator bench tested first, then check ALL connections.

These vehicles are known for strange and peculiar behavior with faulty batteries.

the battery is dead most likely due to the cabin light was on all night and I also have a code reader and there are no codes detected. Were do I start
Start on #1 and continue to #2 . :D

1) Turn the cabin light off.
2) Charge or replace the battery.

There are no error codes for weak/failing/failed batteries.

And this would also explain why the door locks randomly unlock themselves

And this would also explain why the door locks randomly unlock themselves
Yes, and it's usually intermittent. Before buying, have them tested. Most larger auto parts stores will do it gratis.

Back