• Register Today It's free!

need some help please

VirginiaMudder

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 ford explorer
I have a 91 explorer with a 2 inch bidy lift on 36 inch superswampers with a lot of motor work and other off road things done to it. It is also my daily driver. I have started hearing a slight clanging or clicking.noise in the front end at first I thought.It may be the transmission. But listening closer it completely goes away when I hit the brakes, sounds like its on the passenger side as well. Any ideas of what it could be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are your ball joints tight in the camber eccentrics?

With 36 inch tires when is the last time you checked your wheel bearings- and hub assemblies? That is allot of weight on a ttb. (are you running spacers too?) it also could be the axle u joints too.

36" meats with 2" body lift?. :scratch:

We need to know more about the front axle / suspension set up to help you better. Could be a hub, brake caliper, U-joints, ball joints, etc...

Did you just buy it as it sits, or build it yourself? Pictures help a ton if your not sure what all has been modified on it.

Im getting the same thing with 33's with mine its a combination of dirty hubs and bad bearings but my u joints are really rusty probably will do those when I do the bearings. Imo check your bearings first and maybe grease your zerk fittings

Anti rattle clips?

The inner pad has a clip on the bottom; if it's missing, click, clank, clunk, click, clank clunk. Chose your adjective.

Back