Need some input please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some input please

JETZ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
I have my ipod hooked up via usb. I want to get rid of the Ford Oval on the touch screen on startup, and upload something else from my iphone. Do I need to hook the iphone also via usb cable, or what? Who has done it?

Thanks.

Frank

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have my ipod hooked up via usb. I want to get rid of the Ford Oval on the touch screen on startup, and upload something else from my iphone. Do I need to hook the iphone also via usb cable, or what? Who has done it?

Thanks.

Frank

There is a way to change the wallpaper on the home screen. The process is outlined in the owners manual and there are several threads on it here.

Trying to figure that out myself.

Hi, Frank and Spengracin!

You can connect your iPhone (or any compatible phone/USB flash drive) via USB or insert an SD card with photos on it and then do the following:

MENU > DISPLAY > EDIT WALLPAPER > ADD > OK > CHOOSE SOURCE

Once you get here, you'll go into the folder you keep your photos in and choose which ones you want! You can have up to 32 photos saved.

The photo limitations are:

• Compatible file formats are as follows: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp
• Each file must be 1.5 MB or less.
• Recommended dimensions: 800 x 378
• Only the photograph(s) which meet these conditions will be
displayed. Photographs with extremely large dimensions (i.e., 2048
x 1536) may not be compatible and will appear as a blank (black)
image on the display.

You can find this information on page 55 of your MyFord Touch Supplement.

Let me know if either of you have any other questions!

Rebecca

Hey Rebecca what would you recommend if the image requirements are met but an error message pops up that states the photos aren't compatible. The flashdrive isn't password protected and it's formatted correctly to FAT32. The vehicle would be a CMAX, so it's not running the updated version. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Back