Need to see if my new tires will fit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need to see if my new tires will fit

J.Jackson

Reaction score
City, State
Sanford, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello guys i recently bought some new tires for my 03 explorer and i am kinda nervous to know if there gonna fit.They only had two tires in stock at the time so im waiting on the other two. As you know the stock size is a 235/70/r16 and i bought a 245/75/r16. Can someone just boost my confidence and let me know if they will fit because i do not have a lift or anything like that but im gonna get one soon. :D

Also im wandering if i can buy some BTF spacers and install them without any modifications to my suv. I dont want to do any extensive modifications to lift it only 2in. Can i just get some ideas and feedback on this also.

This is what is "supposed" to fit without any lift:

No lift - 32x10.50 or equivalent in Metric Measurements on Stock Wheels (265/75/R16 or 265/70/R17) - no modification needed!

Also im wandering if i can buy some BTF spacers and install them without any modifications to my suv. I dont want to do any extensive modifications to lift it only 2in. Can i just get some ideas and feedback on this also.

Yes the 245's will fit. For the BTF spacers for 2" of lift you would need a 1.5" spacer front I would run either a 1.25 or 1" rear to help level out your explorer. Good luck!

Back