Neons | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Neons

I want to put Blue Neons under my '92. I have a few questions....

How many do I need? I was thinking 2. Is there a particular place they go?

Is there a common place to put switches in the 91-94s? Where do the wires go, and how do I put in the switches?

Lastly, what kind should I buy?

MATT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SNEAK PEAK!!!!!!!

HERES A SNEAK PEAK AT MY WHEEL WELL NEONS!! I installed them yesterday...but sadly only have on transformer, thus i cannot have my purple neons on at the same time (waitin for SG to send back my other broken transformer). I just had to show ya'll how it looks...those are 12" Green Gold Series replacment neons...look how FRIGIN bright they are!! Later

Carl

Dead Link Removed

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I LOVE IT!! You never seize to amaze me Carl. I like how they shine all the way out to teh ground, and not just on the top on the tires, it looks really really good bro!! Can't wait to see those with everything else!

I LOVE IT!! You never seize to amaze me Carl. I like how they shine all the way out to teh ground, and not just on the top on the tires, it looks really really good bro!! Can't wait to see those with everything else!

MY BAD, I ALWAYS GET IMPATIENT WITH THAT SUBMIT BUTTON...

I want a camera like yours..

nice man, those look good heh, you'd better get an extra battery soon.. either that or a better alt. yer suckin some major power there man :p

FINALLY got the headlight neons on today!!!

They are pimpin!! I am really happy with the way they turned out. I put them in the headlights by the way. I really like how they flash randomly, sometimes they flash at the same time, and sometimes not. The intervals of on/off are also always different. Very satisfied!!

glad ta hear it.. pictures?? ;)

Glad everything worked out Matt!! You gotta get some pics up soon!!

Carl

How do I take pics...Isn't there a 15 picture session you can do or something like that?

Just got pulled over for the neons last night on the way to downtown! I was on our main road and saw a stocker Crown Victoria coming my way in the rearview (no other cars were around). I had my girlfriend and two buddies in the car. So the Crown Victoria tipped me off to begin with, and then I saw him comin up fast, which is when I knew......whew whew whew, hidden corner strobes and that red light in front of the rearview mirror start flashing. Damn! Undercover!

Well the dude was cool, right when he came to the window I knew I wasn't getting a ticket. He basically just said that I can't have them on while I'm moving (its ok when I'm at a parking lot with friends or something) and that I could get a phat ticket.

Haven't seen this thread active in a while, thought I'd share the story.

I'm going to college 500 miles away on Tuesday!!

Matt

you got pulled over again? geez matt.... you get pulled over more than me and my half tuck... knock on wood :)
have fun at college and keep in touch..... that way i can head down there to party for a weekend or something :)

ridiculous.. ok so let me get this straight.. you can't have lights on bedcause you look like a cop?? if blue stagnant lights under a car looks like a cop HELP HIM OUT COS HE FLIPPED OVER!! DUR HUR HUR idiot laws! the law here is your tube can't be seen or be flashing or anything.. otherwise its legal.. and that makes sense!

hey bmxboy, so those in the wheel wells are straight tubes or bendable? Are you protecting them from mud and snow somehow, like clear fiberglass cover or something, i don't know?

i might do that as well?

He doesn't have any protective gear for his tubes. I believe they're 12in, if not then they're 10in.

You don't really have to worry about debris hitting them. They're pretty safe on the top up there, and rocks don't usually find they're way up and around the tire. I'm assuming all this of course, hehe;) .

Darkfox, I think the reason the law is the way it is, is because they think it's a distraction to other drivers...gimme a break!! I almost rearend people all the time while scoping a pimp Expedition with chrome 20's!!! Maybe I should just move......?

heh yea, come down to GA and we can chill :p heh, distraction.. you can make a distracting ride w/o breaking thoes laws you know.. what gonna get yer attention more? a truck with neons.. or a cop car that looks like a 1 man space craft has landed? or how about what ricers are doing now and getting racing stripes that glow in reaction to the lights around them? thats distracting and could cause a wreck much easier than neons.. people who get distracted so easily need to be alittle more focused or perhaps don't need to be driving :p

Originally posted by DarkFox1
.. people who get distracted so easily need to be a little more focused or perhaps don't need to be driving :p

AMEN!

Steve

doktorstoj - The neons in my wheel wells are actually Street Glow 12" Gold Series replacement neons. What this means, is they are made the same way the Gold Series underbody kit is made - thick neon, and nice old durable lexon outertubing. Another plus, is that if the neon does break from debris, SG has a lifetime warrenty on all broken neon for the Gold Series kit.

They are bright as HELL itself, much to my amazement. I just drove to Ohio and back this weekend (to meet up with some neon freaks and compete - took 3rd place out of like 30 neon cars - im 17 remember :) ) and none of my neons broke (and damn did i do some crazy shiz when i was up there).

Carl

(that sucks Matt :) hahahaahahhahahahahah)

So what's this crazy shiz you did while you were there???? :eek:

You only took 3rd??!!?? You mean there is someone with more neons than you?!?

Steve

I'd love to go to a glow off.. must be a lot of fun.. I can't imagine you only being 3rd tho.. you don'yt have anywhere else to put neons do you? :p I'm just about happy with the little that I have.. on this vehicle ;)

Back