new Blackjack pics | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new Blackjack pics

Thanks to Rick and all the moderators who make this such a fantastic site ;)

In case you're slow (or just don't want to read the entire thread) Blackjack was totaled by foreign POS mother #$@%er who didn't know how to yield on November 14, 2007. He rolled into a gas station parking lot and his body was crushed, but he saved my life in the process. In return for that, I've saved everything that I could scavenge so I can save HIS life. He has a CHP 347, rebuilt 4r70w with Baumann shift kit, Ford Racing BD-11 supercharger kit, and a RideTech parallel four link all waiting for installation :) Here's his original thread post:

Blackjack: Born February 16,1998 in Louisville, Ky. Rescued from Koons Chevy March 20-something, 2000 with 33,333 miles on the Odometer. Couldn't think of any good names and then I heard 'Blackjack' while listening to Brooks and Dunn's Boot Scootin' Boogie. He's been 'Jack' or "f#%^&$ pain in my @$$!" since then. His favorite hobbies are eating money and hunting Blazers, and he enjoys playing pranks (dropping hood on my head, chewing on his power steering rack, mystery squeaks, randomly starting himself up, etc).

All factory options, including 4.0 SOHC, limited slip diff, 4:10 gears, skidplates (on ExplornJ's truck now), sunroof, cass/cd player and changer, leather, blah blah.

Exterior mods:
~Ford Platinum color racing stripes (2 10" stripes, 2" space)
~Ventshades
~Lund Windjammer (painted to match)
~Sport Truck dual fog/driving (SMURF LIGHTS)
~Black Euro III Altezzas w/ cut up slotted tail covers
~20% Tinted Windows all around
~Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks
~Hella LED sidemarkers
~GT emblem from a 94-98 Mustang
~Explorer Express Rear sway bar
~Truck performance front sway bar bushings
~Diamond clear headlights and corners w/ blue chrome bulbs
~Shortened EB (running board delete option) side skirts

Interior mods:
~Aluminum dash kit by Exotic Wood dash
~Pioneer DEH CD head unit
~Pioneer 6 disk CD changer
~1 pair Pioneer 3ways up front
~1 pair Pioneer 2ways in rear
~2 JL Audio 10w6's in a custom box (replaced with 2 Kicker Vcomp's, thanks for blowing my subs, Meatball :fire: )
~1 Kenwood 729 S amp
~1 pair Pioneer 1" dome tweeters in B pillars
~1 pair Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters in front doors
~Custom MMRUSA "Sport GT" silver/white gauge faces
~Carbon fiber dash bezel
~Cold Cathode Blue neons

Engine mods:
~Valet Remote start/ custom alarm
~KKM
~Flowmaster 50 single straightback
~Taylor Spiro Sparkplug wires

Wheels and tires:
~Foose Nitrous 20x8 and 20x10, grey
~Toyo Proxes 255/50 and 295/45
~1/2" aluminum front spacers w/ extended lugs

The kinda sorta mods:
~lowered approximately 2" via TT and monoleaf block flip
~Brown wire mod, full 2wd hi/low (Yanked the front 4x4 in 2006, the hell with that mod :D)
~Throttle cable zipties
~Chopped front bumpstops
~Mr. Bat (gave up on replacing blown hood shocks. It's a Das Frem thing, you wouldn't understand)

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 and only use Ford filters (Fram ones sometimes knock)

Guestimated 215-220 Horsepower when he was younger, 15.5 seconds 1/4 mile at Cecil County Dragway.

DSCN2168_Small_.jpg

Here's some links to other things I've done with the ol' boy:
Bullitt Rims
Stereo and lights

Truck of the Week, Baby!
Sep1120060854.jpg

Blackjack and Red, my best friend Brennan's rig:
rigs.jpg

Attachments

• 26 copy.jpg
    26 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8,299
  • Old jack mini copy.jpg
    Old jack mini copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7,838

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

honestly i think bein in a new place might open some things up for you

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yeah, like my mind! I've been off for a week and I feel more free and happy than I have in YEARS! It's great :) Not really looking forward to being worked like a dog at Packer but I am indeed grateful for the job.

Glad I got Blackjack outta that hellhole on Saturday, even if the @$$hole who towed him for me overcharged and didn't even drop the poor thing off where I asked him to--- because they took my green '99 e.b to the scrapyard this morning without even warning me! I ARE PISSED! I still had the dash, rear seats and a whole bunch of other stuff to pull :fire: Feh. Whatever. Hope the place sinks, they dick over so many people that I'm amazed they're still in business.

I'll take a picture of Jack's new home next Monday: it'll be the last time you guys see him whole for a long loooooong time. Btw, if anyone's free next week and would like to lend a hand helping me get his body off- I would REALLY appreciate the help...!!

The pathetic little **** made all kinds of horrible noises and put up a fight all the way across the parking lot but we made it thanks to Captain Morgan's towing service, lol.
IMG00214-20090418-1444_Small_.jpg

I would help... but I'm absolutely NOWHERE near you! good luck... I hope you get him looking as good as before...

Si

, they dick over so many people that I'm amazed they're still in business.

those are the ones that always seem to stay in business

I would help... but I'm absolutely NOWHERE near you! good luck... I hope you get him looking as good as before...

Si

I sure hope so too. I really hope I get enough to pull off half the wild ideas that have been floating around my noggin for over a year now. You could do me a huge favor though, my English friend: could you look around and see how hard it would be to get a hold of an Explorer floor shifter stalk, the center console, hand brake and linkage? (See where I'm going with this? LOL ;)) I would greatly appreciate it!

I had to give up on having S&W or OTGP do the framework- they just want WAYY too much for a simple 4 link, 2 crossmembers and basically 5 feet of 2x3 :( BUT! I got in touch with a friend who has done some awesome work to my best friend's and his little brother's trucks and is willing to take on Blackjack this summer. I'm sure it's going to be a learning process for both of us since he's more accustomed to building fourwheelers but he's very talented and SUPER thorough. Plus he's extremely fair in the money dept and really enjoys side projects :)

Joppa, MD

Well, if you guys are up for a drive I would love y'all forever! (Like I wouldn't anyway, lol)

I'll be working on Jack Monday, Wed-Friday and probably Saturday ALL DAY. I have to go to Timonium for his settlement hearing on Tuesday at 1pm, but I should hopefully be back by 5... what my mood is going to be after that is subject to speculation, though :rolleyes:

Speaking of speculation I need your help too, Iz. My friend Andy (Lowdown on the Creepers) is the one doing the framework and he after I showed him your build thread he asked if we could all get together for a few hours one Saturday night soon and discuss the best route to take with my project. He knows I admire your ideas greatly ;) You free any weekends in the next month?

Actually... hell, we should make a M&G out of it since ALL of you have contributed to Blackjack in one form or another over the years :D Who's up for it??

I think I've got most of the parts you require already sitting in a lock up... I'll keep them to one side for you, but you might have to paint them.... I know I've not got the handbrake or linkage, but I've got a shifter, and most of the centre console bits that go with it....

Si

I think I've got most of the parts you require already sitting in a lock up... I'll keep them to one side for you, but you might have to paint them.... I know I've not got the handbrake or linkage, but I've got a shifter, and most of the centre console bits that go with it....

Si

I LOVE YOU, MATE :D I'll figure something out for the hand brake. If you'll give me a few weeks to get my settlement I'll happily send you $ for them and for shipping! (oh shoot... I'll have to figure out how to convert it to pounds...or is it Euros now? lol)

it's still pounds. I'll have to work out how to get it shipped... the smaller parts should be easy enough. 1 or 2 boxes, but the sides of the centre console are about 2ft long....

I won't be free to find them till thursday next week at the earliest though.....

Si

How about the goods to convert one to RHD? :D

Off-topic, are you still going to import yours to Canada?

How about the goods to convert one to RHD? :D

Eegh! I dunno bout you, but I think it would majorly mess me up in everyday driving, LOL.

Oh, and this is Jack's new hideout. The awning is a lot sturdier than it looks, and at least he's out of the rain now :)

Attachments

• IMG00233-20090423-1305 (Small).jpg
    IMG00233-20090423-1305 (Small).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG00234-20090423-1305 (Small).jpg
    IMG00234-20090423-1305 (Small).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 314

Eegh! I dunno bout you, but I think it would majorly mess me up in everyday driving, LOL.

Oh, and this is Jack's new hideout. The awning is a lot sturdier than it looks, and at least he's out of the rain now :)

BARN FIND! :D just kidding lindsy

hey lindsy, put some dryer sheets (downy sheets) inside of him. mice hate that smell, and he will smell like fresh laundry :thumbsup:. seriously it works, instead of moth balls. that way he wont smell like a urinal.

BARN FIND! :D just kidding lindsy

That's not nice :nono: Dryer sheets, though.. those sound way better than mothballs. PYEW do those things reek :fart:

And Ben, you know better than to mess with Jack. I'll tolerate stickers and stupidity on Morgan, but touch my baby and your girlfriend's gonna be in the E.R. with you for 24 hours straight, stitching up the massive trauma that will happen to your thick skull :fire:

That's not nice :nono: Dryer sheets, though.. those sound way better than mothballs. PYEW do those things reek :fart:

And Ben, you know better than to mess with Jack. I'll tolerate stickers and stupidity on Morgan, but touch my baby and your girlfriend's gonna be in the E.R. with you for 24 hours straight, stitching up the massive trauma that will happen to your thick skull :fire:

You really think I'd mess with Jack? Umm I may be stupid but not retarded :D

Back