new Blackjack pics | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new Blackjack pics

Thanks to Rick and all the moderators who make this such a fantastic site ;)

In case you're slow (or just don't want to read the entire thread) Blackjack was totaled by foreign POS mother #$@%er who didn't know how to yield on November 14, 2007. He rolled into a gas station parking lot and his body was crushed, but he saved my life in the process. In return for that, I've saved everything that I could scavenge so I can save HIS life. He has a CHP 347, rebuilt 4r70w with Baumann shift kit, Ford Racing BD-11 supercharger kit, and a RideTech parallel four link all waiting for installation :) Here's his original thread post:

Blackjack: Born February 16,1998 in Louisville, Ky. Rescued from Koons Chevy March 20-something, 2000 with 33,333 miles on the Odometer. Couldn't think of any good names and then I heard 'Blackjack' while listening to Brooks and Dunn's Boot Scootin' Boogie. He's been 'Jack' or "f#%^&$ pain in my @$$!" since then. His favorite hobbies are eating money and hunting Blazers, and he enjoys playing pranks (dropping hood on my head, chewing on his power steering rack, mystery squeaks, randomly starting himself up, etc).

All factory options, including 4.0 SOHC, limited slip diff, 4:10 gears, skidplates (on ExplornJ's truck now), sunroof, cass/cd player and changer, leather, blah blah.

Exterior mods:
~Ford Platinum color racing stripes (2 10" stripes, 2" space)
~Ventshades
~Lund Windjammer (painted to match)
~Sport Truck dual fog/driving (SMURF LIGHTS)
~Black Euro III Altezzas w/ cut up slotted tail covers
~20% Tinted Windows all around
~Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks
~Hella LED sidemarkers
~GT emblem from a 94-98 Mustang
~Explorer Express Rear sway bar
~Truck performance front sway bar bushings
~Diamond clear headlights and corners w/ blue chrome bulbs
~Shortened EB (running board delete option) side skirts

Interior mods:
~Aluminum dash kit by Exotic Wood dash
~Pioneer DEH CD head unit
~Pioneer 6 disk CD changer
~1 pair Pioneer 3ways up front
~1 pair Pioneer 2ways in rear
~2 JL Audio 10w6's in a custom box (replaced with 2 Kicker Vcomp's, thanks for blowing my subs, Meatball :fire: )
~1 Kenwood 729 S amp
~1 pair Pioneer 1" dome tweeters in B pillars
~1 pair Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters in front doors
~Custom MMRUSA "Sport GT" silver/white gauge faces
~Carbon fiber dash bezel
~Cold Cathode Blue neons

Engine mods:
~Valet Remote start/ custom alarm
~KKM
~Flowmaster 50 single straightback
~Taylor Spiro Sparkplug wires

Wheels and tires:
~Foose Nitrous 20x8 and 20x10, grey
~Toyo Proxes 255/50 and 295/45
~1/2" aluminum front spacers w/ extended lugs

The kinda sorta mods:
~lowered approximately 2" via TT and monoleaf block flip
~Brown wire mod, full 2wd hi/low (Yanked the front 4x4 in 2006, the hell with that mod :D)
~Throttle cable zipties
~Chopped front bumpstops
~Mr. Bat (gave up on replacing blown hood shocks. It's a Das Frem thing, you wouldn't understand)

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 and only use Ford filters (Fram ones sometimes knock)

Guestimated 215-220 Horsepower when he was younger, 15.5 seconds 1/4 mile at Cecil County Dragway.

DSCN2168_Small_.jpg

Here's some links to other things I've done with the ol' boy:
Bullitt Rims
Stereo and lights

Truck of the Week, Baby!
Sep1120060854.jpg

Blackjack and Red, my best friend Brennan's rig:
rigs.jpg

Attachments

• 26 copy.jpg
    26 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8,294
  • Old jack mini copy.jpg
    Old jack mini copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7,834

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its not that I don't support you on your idea but I just think the time frame is a little too early. I just personally see it in a need and want situation and with the way the cost of living is going, your gonna hurt yourself.

I do what I can, when I can. And seeing as to how much "support" I'm getting in here, I'm just gonna do what my heart tells me to. I'm not going to keep you guys updated anymore to avoid these unwanted critiques of my lack of financial capability. This thread is about a very unique little black 1998 Explorer, not me.

I'll post pictures when Jack's whole again, hopefully in about 6-8 months :mattmoon:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

So if you don't mind me asking what exactly is the plan with the new Sport you bought?

I think i have an idea here of what ur planning......But i want to hear it from the horses mouth.

Yeah Linds' cause it is not like we all care about you or any thing like that......

Supporting your friends does not mean you agree with every descision they make.
Supporting your friends means calling them out when need may be. Like if I wanted to put graphics on the side of Zorro with a big "Type-R" on the door. I would like to think you would have a word or two with me.

Hey if ends are meeting and bills are getting PAYED OFF, and you have savings I say more power to ya (literally and figuratively;) )
Otherwise take your time and be carefull.
Think things all the way through.

I can see everyone's point of view. I finally paid off my 3000 dollars worth of credit card debt, and I can't even begin to describe how good it feels. I'm 20 years old and got in just a little bit, I know people my age that have RUINED the rest of their lives. The creedo I live by is don't go over your limit, and make at least the minimum payment so the card company is happy.

Now that I actually have money, the Explorer has seen numerous improvement in the last few months. It's a great feeling to be able to do what you want and not feel restricted.

Then again I also took out 14,000 for school, lol. I look at it as an investment though.

But let's get back to the thread:
Good Luck, Spas!! Keep us updated!

Spas,
I think some of the confussion about your situation comes from not knowing every detail of your finances, but I can tell you this; I believe you are getting this input from the previous posters because they do care about you and your situation. I agree wholeheartly about making your debts priority one, but if you have it under control, then you are on the right track. Good luck with the transformation of your new X. Keep the updates and pics coming!

and make at least the minimum payment so the card company is happy.

thats exactly what they want, and it will make them very happy because they get to charge you 9.99%apr(if you are lucky), and if you are late or dont make the minimum payment again, it skyrockets to 34%+ apr.... and then your in deep doo doo. My dad always preached that the only things you go in debt for is "reliable transportation and a home mortgage" and everything else, "if you can't pay for it with cash, then you don't need it."

its kept me out of trouble thus far, and built me some damn good credit. 5.75% apr on my used f150, and i'm 20 with no previous major purchases. i cringe when i hear people paying anything above 7% apr for anything.

My dad always preached that the only things you go in debt for is "reliable transportation and a home mortgage" and everything else, "if you can't pay for it with cash, then you don't need it."
There are some benefits to credit cars, like air miles :). That's what I mostly use my credit card for -- pay it off at the end of the month and continue the cycle. I've been able to get a few free cross-country tickets with it so far :) -- and ALMOST got a free ticket to Japan but decided to save the miles and just buy the ticket instead since it was so cheap during that one season (also used the credit card for the ticket, and accrued even more frequent flier miles on that same credit card)

its kept me out of trouble thus far, and built me some damn good credit. 5.75% apr on my used f150, and i'm 20 with no previous major purchases. i cringe when i hear people paying anything above 7% apr for anything.

One handy trick is to call your credit company, ask them if you can get any kind of lower interest on your cards. I had the chase freedom, had mine lowered from 17.95% down to 14.95%, and told me call back in another 6 months to get it lowered again.

And I got smart this last time I realized I couldn't handle my credit card payment: I shut it down, am paying it off (a whole whopping $300 left), and don't use the damn things anymore!! If I can't pay for it with my own hard earned cash, then I can't have it. Simple as that. The only card in my wallet is the one linked to my checking account, and it's been that way for 10 months now. I've moved 3 times in the last year, bought a car, bought another Explorer, bought furniture and food... all without utilizing any type of credit at all. The only POSSIBLE thing I might need that crap for in the future is to buy a house. And that's so far away that's its absolutely ridiculous to think about at this point in my life. It would require a second income anyway, and the last time I checked I wasn't married ;) I know you guys care, and I appreciate it. However, what I need right now is a lot of support in this undertaking- cuz it's a doozie!

^^^
Well that said than keep up the good work.
Make that little $300.00 disapear ASAP.

Beyond that, take your time and make smart descisions.
You DONT want to rush Jacks ressurection.
Jack is well worth taking your time.

Well,
All I can say is I understand where you are, where you want to go, and will help you any way I can.

On the other hand, keep up the direction you are going with your financial status please. Please, wait for the deals to come around, and don;t get the project into a rush. Like Kevin said, it is worth the wait.

Glad everything is turning in a better direction. I am not much help to you but would if needed.

Also Spas were you selling a manual tranny at one time? or was that not you?

Glad everything is turning in a better direction. I am not much help to you but would if needed.

Also Spas were you selling a manual tranny at one time? or was that not you?

Yeah that was me. Decided to hang on to it once I got my financial situation resolved, sorry! And thanks for the offer of help, it's appreciated :)

Well, a lot of people have asked what I plan on doing with Jack's Fooses, since they've been discontinued and are getting harder to find by the day...

I highly doubt I'll be able to save the right rear, considering it shaved off a section of the inside wheel well when the axle folded in half :eek: The left rear is missing a chunk out of the inside edge but it looks repairable. Both front rims have superficial scratches around the outside edges that I can fix myself with a Dremel (in theory :p: ). Only one tire shows any sign of damage, oddly enough. The left rear has a few sidewall slices but they don't penetrate through to the steel.

Ow, my poor babies :(
rim_damage_1_Small_.jpg

rim_damage_3_Small_.jpg

rim_damage_2_Small_.jpg

I'm going to have the three salvageable ones fixed and hope to high Heaven that I can find a single 20x10 (that I can afford!!!)

Fooey :rolleyes:

I have welded up a few cracked alunimu wheels before, we have a wheel repair guy bring his stuff to us. Ive built up the aluminum to the orig shape and he shapes it back in form, paints and clearcoats it. He has done some pretty awesome work.

I wouldnt be surprised if with some careful heating and grinding if that wheel couldnt be saved.

If you want to send me some better pictures I can get a better idea and I could work on it here at school.

Man it pays to keep searching...!

So guess what I found on Ebay during a random search last night...

WHAT ARE THE FRIKKIN' ODDS?!?!?!!?!

:D

Micah, I just need to you to fix the rim with the little nick in it now, if you don't mind. And if your Uncle can have the tire guy recoat/paint/buff/whatever to all of them, could you get me a price??

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, $92! I got a brand new 20x10 for $92!!!! *does the happy dance all over the place* :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

congrats on the auction win!

you should still give the refurb guys the new wheel to match it with the ones they're going to repair..

Si

Back