• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

new Blackjack pics

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
you didn't say daring!
Umm.. i don't wanna die.. She will kill me and slowly to at it. Though I do enjoy messing with her.. I thought about static cling ones.. just to mess with her :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XL & 99 Sport V8
How about the goods to convert one to RHD? :D

Off-topic, are you still going to import yours to Canada?
I've only got most of the centre console parts, I think.

and I'm still planning on it, but it has to be 15hrs old, so I have to wait another 3yrs.... :(

Si

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Speaking of speculation I need your help too, Iz. My friend Andy (Lowdown on the Creepers) is the one doing the framework and he after I showed him your build thread he asked if we could all get together for a few hours one Saturday night soon and discuss the best route to take with my project. He knows I admire your ideas greatly ;) You free any weekends in the next month?
Sure thing, just PM me whatever time/location you and Andy decide on and I'll be there.

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Coolios, thank you IZ :) Blueka, 'most' is good enough for me! I just have to figure out how to make our column shift interlock work with a floor shifter. I can make my own linkage or get high tech and order somethig fancy ;) Brian, if you can make it, awesome, if you can't, don't worry about it. Most of my heavy lifting is going to be Wednesday and Friday... I hope.

Got a lot done today! Man I'm glad it's so nice out and I'm on 'vacation' :D Although I'ma KILL Porter for tricking me into thinking that Explorer dashes are easy to pull. EASY MY @$$! At least I don't have a windshield in the way.

This little sucker managed to strip all the skin off of a knuckle :eek: Does anyone know the proper way to remove the cable from the bracket? I just used the 'Tim the Toolman' approach...

Ta-daa! I has dash. I can't believe how freakin' HEAVY these things are...!!!

I'm really happy to have his steering wheel out too. Probably sounds pathetic but it's the part of him that I'm closest to since it's how we interact. Still has blood on it though, so I didn't take a picture.

..... I'm acting like I'm in a good mood but in reality I'm on pins and needles. In 15 hours I'll finally know how much I have to work with after 17 months of grief. I can't wait for this to be over, but I'm alternately dreading and hopeful. It's like that saying, "Hope for the best but plan for the worst".

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Coolios, thank you IZ :) Blueka, 'most' is good enough for me! I just have to figure out how to make our column shift interlock work with a floor shifter. I can make my own linkage or get high tech and order somethig fancy ;) Brian, if you can make it, awesome, if you can't, don't worry about it. Most of my heavy lifting is going to be Wednesday and Friday... I hope.

Got a lot done today! Man I'm glad it's so nice out and I'm on 'vacation' :D Although I'ma KILL Porter for tricking me into thinking that Explorer dashes are easy to pull. EASY MY @$$! At least I don't have a windshield in the way.
/photopost/data/500/IMG00279-20090427-1418_Small_.jpg
/photopost/data/500/IMG00287-20090427-1826_Small_.jpg
/photopost/data/500/IMG00289-20090427-1832_Small_.jpg

This little sucker managed to strip all the skin off of a knuckle :eek: Does anyone know the proper way to remove the cable from the bracket? I just used the 'Tim the Toolman' approach...
/photopost/data/500/IMG00282-20090427-1607_Small_.jpg

Ta-daa! I has dash. I can't believe how freakin' HEAVY these things are...!!!
/photopost/data/500/IMG00291-20090427-1833_Small_.jpg

I'm really happy to have his steering wheel out too. Probably sounds pathetic but it's the part of him that I'm closest to since it's how we interact. Still has blood on it though, so I didn't take a picture.

..... I'm acting like I'm in a good mood but in reality I'm on pins and needles. In 15 hours I'll finally know how much I have to work with after 17 months of grief. I can't wait for this to be over, but I'm alternately dreading and hopeful. It's like that saying, "Hope for the best but plan for the worst".
YOU FAILED! at posting your pics :D

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Har har. EF failed, the 'Direct Link' on the pictures I just uploaded won't show the entire link for some bizarre reason. I just suck because I forgot to hit 'preview' before I posted and catch it ;)

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Har har. EF failed, the 'Direct Link' on the pictures I just uploaded won't show the entire link for some bizarre reason. I just suck because I forgot to hit 'preview' before I posted and catch it ;)
Can it be cause you've been out of the water too long? :mattmoon:

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Not really sure why I'm posting pictures of me taking apart a broken truck... but for some reason it makes me feel better so I hope you guys don't mind. The arbitration seems to have gone well but the judge said he wouldn't have a decision for up to two weeks. It was hard not to let my jaw hit the table, since I was expecting this crap to finally be over already :( *sigh* The good thing is that the other lawyer couldn't come back with any points that might compromise the case or give him any hope of winning because we shot him down really hard on EVERYTHING. The judge didn't even want to watch the "surveillance" tape they got of me doing a rotation at work on a Mustang since I flat out told them that I have no problem doing my job and moderate lifting. Unfortunately he still is required to watch it but he made it clear to the other lawyer that he thought it was a waste of time. NYAH NYAH :p: It almost made me laugh when he asked both lawyers what they thought my case was worth and mine says "2k a month for the rest of her life" (which according to some scientific thing is another 47 years on top of the 29 I've already lived.. I didn't tell them I'm convinced I'll be dead by 45 and my last words will be "Hey ya'll, watch this!" XD), and the opposing lawyer just caved and said that his client was horribly in the wrong and whatever the judge says is fine. Lol.

So anyway, I just hope the call I'm waiting for is a really good one and it doesn't come at a really inopportune moment like when I start my new job on Monday. In the meantime, Jack's losing even more weight than I have. Today he shed his remaining windows and a door as well as almost all of his interior. Tomorrow I'm going to start disconnecting his motor and such.

Took some pix of the really crinkled areas for Monmix to shake his head at:
Driverside B-pillar

Driverside inside pinch weld at front of rear wheelwell

View from driver seat of rear driverside tire. Gee, the body's pushed in over a foot, wonder why he flipped. FRIKKIN NISSAN :fire:

I had forgotten about the factory "Ford Pillow" that they sometimes stuff under the speaker boxes and remembered the first time Wolf and I found it. We were scratching our heads and going "what the #$%@ is the point of this?!" Made me laugh :D

Surprisingly, the only body part that ISN'T heavily damaged is the passenger door. As you can see by the reflection, it's still straight and true and was opening and closing just fine despite the fender being squashed. Btw, Jack's old wing is for sale for $30 since I won't be re-using it. PM me if anyone's interested.

Took this one because a year from now I want to remember how much I never want to see this in person again!!

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
I have told you I have my body hammers ready. Not to fix that dang pillar though. Let me know when you want me up there to start the metal repair. It would be an honor and a privlage.

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I have told you I have my body hammers ready. Not to fix that dang pillar though. Let me know when you want me up there to start the metal repair. It would be an honor and a privlage.
Thank you Kev ;) I have a lot of things to order in the next few months! Do you recommend using stock Explorer sheet metal to do fill-ins for the door handles, antenna hole, etc? Or should I use something else? There are a few places on Jack that the metal is straight... ish... I thought it might be cool to use some of his old body to patch the new one.

Speaking of the devil, it looks like I will have enough to do most of what I want. The judge was fair, and gave me more than the minimum I need to do this project although not as much as the maximum. I'll just say that I should have taken the original offer instead of going through hell for a year and half and that's all you guys need to know about how much Jack is getting ;)

Soooooo, in two weeks I get the money-- and as soon as I get his #$%@ body off the fun begins :D

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
yeah I would use jack old metal for patches. You might recall when I shaved Zorro's rear wiper I used the sheetmetal from Zorros old lift gate.

(NOTE: Five more posts and you hit 5,000 :thumbsup: )

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Oh dag... 5,000! I'm slacking compared to you and Ben, Kev ;) I have Jack's old hatch in the basement, I'll save some metal off of that and take a sawzall to his left quarter panel I suppose. How sad is it that my truck looks like a giant played kick-the-can with him and yet I still find it exceedingly difficult to cut into his sheet metal ? :rolleyes: Lol. I'm hopeless :p:

Last edited:
Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
Spas, I haven't forgotten about you even though I kinda disappeared there for a while. I've been praying for you and Jack though, give me a hollar sometime!