• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

new Blackjack pics

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
BTW I just looked at the dash board photos.
You didnt lable a single connector did you?
And you dont have a photographic memory do you?

*sigh*

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
not labeling makes it way more fun....

becomes like a f'd up jigsaw puzzle...

does this fit?
no
damnit
does this fit
no
damnit
does this fit...

and so on....:D

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Does this fit?
no
How about this?
damn it
Okay, let's try this one..

Where did I put my hammer?

:D

Kev, I'm not re-using Jack's dash because I really want to do a half dark charcoal interior (from the dash down). Which is why I'm still pissed that my parts truck got towed so prematurely :fire: It'll happen...

59Ford, where have you been hiding?? HOLLA! lol.

Tim, I'm still working on finding a damn box big enough for the wing, let alone getting a shipping quote on it :x I've been digging through body shop boxes for two days hoping someone ordered a bugshield but so far no luck. I'm not slacking, I swear!

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
lindsy, try this. this is what i normally do for shipping dash pads, door panels, ext. get a windshield box, and trace the wing around it. that way you have a tight fitting box.

.......wait did i just say that?!

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
how big of a box do you need lindsy? I have some boxes from the dog legs I ordered thru LMC that have been sitting here..

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
lindsy, can you do me a favour next time your out visiting jack (on top of the other stuff i asked for LOL), he had a full length console in him did he not? if he did, can you snap a picture of the mounting plate that is on the floor at the back of where the console would sit. i am trying to figure out if it is the same as it is in evil for when i change the console in it for the message center (mine is just the short console with the ever famous snapping arm rest).

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Man, I don't know WHAT is up with my motivation lately (or lack thereof).. had a great time hanging out with Kevin, IZ, Brian and Ben at a car show Saturday and then spent 3 hours discussing build options with Andy so I was all kinds of stoked for a day. Then I tried to pull the rusted body bolts again yesterday and promptly gave up. Somebody come out here and give me a much needed kick in the @$$, PLEASE! It seems like mission impossible, trying to get those stupid bolts out with only 110 electrical to work with :fire: *sigh* I'll tell you what, though: remembering all the times the little fart has aggravated me certainly helped when it came to cutting out body pieces that can be used to patch door handle holes and etc in the new body...

Anyway, I'm slowly formulating a proper game plan for when I DO get his frame out.
~I've decided to stick with a beefed 8.8 over a 9" simply because I have a few spares, I'm familiar with them, and between a truss/c-clip eliminator/welded tubes/Moser shafts and some variety of locker I think it'll stand up to 500+ horsepower pretty well. If I break it, then I'll go with a 9.
~After much discussion, I'm leaning towards something called a Satchell Link rear suspension design (scroll down to "Derivatives of the 4-Bar system"). I've read about a couple of advantages of this design over a triangulated and parallel 4 links, namely that's it's a compact system and that it provides good anti-squat and a low roll center. While a parallel would probably be best for track use, I still want to drive my truck on winding back roads without him knocking my teeth out.
~No airbag shocks or airbags of any form on Jack's new design... The point was driven home quite clearly when Andy asked me what I'd do if I lost an air line halfway down the track at 100+mph. The answer is "Die" :eek: Coilovers pleeez! Kinda sucks because I was looking forward to the coolness factor, but oh well. Plus the coilovers are about HALF the cost of the shockwaves.
~The front suspension is giving me massive headaches. We all know there aren't any lowered arms available for Explorers so I'm researching other ways to go. I thought about a complete Mustang II front end but the cost and fabrication necessary is too much. There is no shortage of lowering arms available for (can't believe I'm going to say this...) S-10's, and since I have no aversion to chopping the factory IFS off and grafting on something else, it looks like that's what will happen. Picture this but with the mount for a coilover:

My coworker Greg is going to take apart my 4r70w in two weeks and give me the shell so I can have it powdercoated, along with the accessory brackets (Damn it JT, why can't you live closer?? :p: ), then it gets rebuilt with some Baumann goodies and Red eagle Kevlar junk. Scored a beautiful and practically brand new top end, fuel rails and 42 lb injectors for Jack from an old friend who switched his race Mustang from fuel injected to carburated, too.

Hubba hubba ;)

So while I'm not physically motivated at the moment, the gears are still turning at least :)

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
bust out the torch and/or angle grinder and then take a trip to the hardware store. problem solved. if its not solved by that point than add a bfh and a drift to the equation

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
bust out the torch and/or angle grinder and then take a trip to the hardware store. problem solved. if its not solved by that point than add a bfh and a drift to the equation
torch and old barn.. Can you say break out the marshmellows? :D

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Wow so this is going to be huge eh!?

I personally can't wait till the build starts!

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
torch and old barn.. Can you say break out the marshmellows? :D
then we better take away anything this side of safety scissors

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
You know, I have a 9" laying in my garage with a truss already on it? If you want it its yours. its fullwidth, but they arnt hard to shorten.

briwayjones

Manual Master
Reaction score
City, State
Eldersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS
You know Linds, I bet my Dad's Crawler Loader and Bull Dozer could get the body off of the frame.:thumbsup:

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Oh yeah? I may take you up on that one, Micah. And thank you for the linky, Iz

I think I'm going to need rotors that are considerably heftier than the ones that came off a Suzuki, though :D Wouldn't I need ones that will allow Explorer style parking-brake-in-the-rotor-hat? Hmm, or maybe a trans brake... hmm hmm....

Brian, you scare me :eek: No bull dozers!! I'm going to try grinding the suckers off in the next week since Justin is in desperate need of a transmission and I don't want him to miss the Carlisle shenanigans because I was too lazy to get my project started already. Jus, if you wanna bring your @$$ down here and help it would be much appreciated ;)

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Hey is this build more for a road course or more for the strip? Cauz if its for the road course, it would be a ton of fun if we all spent a day apexing :). I'll bring my Civic - just dont bump into it, its fragile.

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Never really thought about a road course...hmm! I was really pleased with Jack's cornering before but hopefully this will make it even better, although he'll be predominantly set up for 1/4 mile shots. Not sure if it's possible to be really good at both types of tracks but if I can find a happy medium I'll be pretty tickled :) Sure I'll race ya!

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Mua haha... Oh, Look. Motivation.

I'm pretty sure the lawsuit is finally done (I hope!), seeing as to how I have a fat little check waiting to be deposited into a seperate account that will be for Blackjack only :D

I went straight to his busted up carcass as soon as I received it to show him. Then I dug out the grinder and cutting wheels and managed to hack up 6 out of 10 body bolts before I lost the sunlight :hammer:

Kinda glad he's getting a new body after seeing what the one disintegrated body mount looks like from above :eek: (that would be the one I discovered right before the accident, there's a picture of it around page 7 or 8 I think). I'm going to have to go over Frankenstein with a fine tooth comb to make sure this doesn't happen again!

Hopefully going to get the other four bolts out tomorrow night as well as the radiator. If I can pry it off of his engine :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
no apexing without me!

jack dosnt even hold a job and hes gonna have a bigger bank acount than you do =P

Ebay