new Blackjack pics | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new Blackjack pics

Thanks to Rick and all the moderators who make this such a fantastic site ;)

In case you're slow (or just don't want to read the entire thread) Blackjack was totaled by foreign POS mother #$@%er who didn't know how to yield on November 14, 2007. He rolled into a gas station parking lot and his body was crushed, but he saved my life in the process. In return for that, I've saved everything that I could scavenge so I can save HIS life. He has a CHP 347, rebuilt 4r70w with Baumann shift kit, Ford Racing BD-11 supercharger kit, and a RideTech parallel four link all waiting for installation :) Here's his original thread post:

Blackjack: Born February 16,1998 in Louisville, Ky. Rescued from Koons Chevy March 20-something, 2000 with 33,333 miles on the Odometer. Couldn't think of any good names and then I heard 'Blackjack' while listening to Brooks and Dunn's Boot Scootin' Boogie. He's been 'Jack' or "f#%^&$ pain in my @$$!" since then. His favorite hobbies are eating money and hunting Blazers, and he enjoys playing pranks (dropping hood on my head, chewing on his power steering rack, mystery squeaks, randomly starting himself up, etc).

All factory options, including 4.0 SOHC, limited slip diff, 4:10 gears, skidplates (on ExplornJ's truck now), sunroof, cass/cd player and changer, leather, blah blah.

Exterior mods:
~Ford Platinum color racing stripes (2 10" stripes, 2" space)
~Ventshades
~Lund Windjammer (painted to match)
~Sport Truck dual fog/driving (SMURF LIGHTS)
~Black Euro III Altezzas w/ cut up slotted tail covers
~20% Tinted Windows all around
~Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks
~Hella LED sidemarkers
~GT emblem from a 94-98 Mustang
~Explorer Express Rear sway bar
~Truck performance front sway bar bushings
~Diamond clear headlights and corners w/ blue chrome bulbs
~Shortened EB (running board delete option) side skirts

Interior mods:
~Aluminum dash kit by Exotic Wood dash
~Pioneer DEH CD head unit
~Pioneer 6 disk CD changer
~1 pair Pioneer 3ways up front
~1 pair Pioneer 2ways in rear
~2 JL Audio 10w6's in a custom box (replaced with 2 Kicker Vcomp's, thanks for blowing my subs, Meatball :fire: )
~1 Kenwood 729 S amp
~1 pair Pioneer 1" dome tweeters in B pillars
~1 pair Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters in front doors
~Custom MMRUSA "Sport GT" silver/white gauge faces
~Carbon fiber dash bezel
~Cold Cathode Blue neons

Engine mods:
~Valet Remote start/ custom alarm
~KKM
~Flowmaster 50 single straightback
~Taylor Spiro Sparkplug wires

Wheels and tires:
~Foose Nitrous 20x8 and 20x10, grey
~Toyo Proxes 255/50 and 295/45
~1/2" aluminum front spacers w/ extended lugs

The kinda sorta mods:
~lowered approximately 2" via TT and monoleaf block flip
~Brown wire mod, full 2wd hi/low (Yanked the front 4x4 in 2006, the hell with that mod :D)
~Throttle cable zipties
~Chopped front bumpstops
~Mr. Bat (gave up on replacing blown hood shocks. It's a Das Frem thing, you wouldn't understand)

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 and only use Ford filters (Fram ones sometimes knock)

Guestimated 215-220 Horsepower when he was younger, 15.5 seconds 1/4 mile at Cecil County Dragway.

DSCN2168_Small_.jpg

Here's some links to other things I've done with the ol' boy:
Bullitt Rims
Stereo and lights

Truck of the Week, Baby!
Sep1120060854.jpg

Blackjack and Red, my best friend Brennan's rig:
rigs.jpg

Attachments

• 26 copy.jpg
    26 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8,303
  • Old jack mini copy.jpg
    Old jack mini copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7,842

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

no apexing without me!

jack dosnt even hold a job and hes gonna have a bigger bank acount than you do =P

Yeah for real! I wish I could just laze around all day under a neat historic barn, listening to the rain on the roof and enjoying a beautiful backyard view like he does :p: Did you get the wing yet, Tim?

Got 2 more bolts out, removed the trans cooler and what was left of the inside grill thingy before I got my hand stuck in Numidian's garage door while trying to steal a bolt cutter (fawk those trans lines, I'm not even gonna mess with taking them off the "right" way) and exploded my left middle finger, which put a premature end to my afternoon. Not that I wouldn't just superglue, tape or bandage it and keep working, but I had none of the above available and infections are no fun. On the plus side, I won't have any fingerprints for awhile so if I can figure out how to rob a bank using only that finger we'll have more $$ to work with :D Ugh. The way it split makes it look like it's.. smiling... at me...

cookoo.gif

Yeah for real! I wish I could just laze around all day under a neat historic barn, listening to the rain on the roof and enjoying a beautiful backyard view like he does :p: Did you get the wing yet, Tim?

Got 2 more bolts out, removed the trans cooler and what was left of the inside grill thingy before I got my hand stuck in Numidian's garage door while trying to steal a bolt cutter (fawk those trans lines, I'm not even gonna mess with taking them off the "right" way) and exploded my left middle finger, which put a premature end to my afternoon. Not that I wouldn't just superglue, tape or bandage it and keep working, but I had none of the above available and infections are no fun. On the plus side, I won't have any fingerprints for awhile so if I can figure out how to rob a bank using only that finger we'll have more $$ to work with :D Ugh. The way it split makes it look like it's.. smiling... at me...

cookoo.gif

We can't take you anywhere.. sheesh..

no lindsy, it hasn't came yet. probably next week some time......when i am back to work after my 7 day weekend......and wont have time to play with it! when it gets here, i will let you know however.

hmmmm? what came today in a box? :scratch:

its evils newest toy! :bounce:

i was so excited to get it, i had to try it on! :biggthump

thanks lindsy!!!! i think evil will be happy with it to.....however, if evil starts showing signs of being a brat 🔥 and i think she is. she decided to show me the check engine light today! LOL!!

D'aww, I miss my stripes :( Glad it got such a good home though!

i'm hopping to get it painted in the next 2 weeks or so, will have to see. might be buying a 99 ex, to fix and sell.

well lindsy, it took more then two weeks to paint (been busy with other toys for evil, there's a fine line from owning a truck and a truck owning you!). so, as promised, here is a picture of jacks wing on evil.

Looks damn hawt, I'm glad it got a home on such a gorgeous truck ;)

I guess I should update Blackjack's thread too. I had to make a major decision with him the other day and it's been hard to get my mind to come around on it, but..

I'm not going to use Jack's frame.

I was wrong, it is indeed twisted up front. Even though I *could* have it twisted back so it would be closer to factory specifications, it will never be 100% again. Especially after that incident with the Jersey wall (6 years ago this weekend!). Plus his power steering crossmember was bent by a stump the one and only time I took him through Paragon. He deserves the best, and I deserve not to crab walk into a wall at 110mph :eek: Andy and I are going to tear Frankenstein apart in 2 weeks and I'll be taking Jack's remains down to Meatball's roomate's shop so we can finally remove his SOHC and trans. After that I want to take him to a crusher and make sure no one can ever mess with what's left of him again. After that the fun begins. We're not going to back half the frame as originally planned since there's no need now but I'm still going with a Satchell 4 link. No idea what to do for the front suspension yet.. shy of cutting the whole damn thing off and welding something better on, anyway. Like I haven't done that to an Explorer before :rolleyes: How much of this new beast will actually be Blackjack is hard to say, though.

That said, I've been collecting parts for this total rebuild, and have to throw a huge thank you to CDW for suggesting that I use Total Performance to build my mutant balancer... because they gave me a super sweet deal on this beast :D :D :D
powerdyne.jpg

That would be a complete Powerdyne kit specifically for Exploders :D Dave at T.P. even upgraded the 'charger to a BD-11 non-polished since I told him I wasn't into the polished BD-10 that it came with. Supercharged 347 FTW, baby!! You guys DO realize who's speed record I'm going after, right....? I figure Jack will have at least 500 lbs less than Troll, so it should be interesting ;)

I've got a line on a 4.11 posi 3rd member and Greg is currently figuring out the Baumann valve body for the trans. Micah, I REALLY need to get up there and get that 9" from you so we can get started with the mock-up for the build!!

Also picked up these beauties
IMG00593-20090623-2251_Small_.jpg

Glad to hear everything is going to work out Lindsy! Sometimes the best decisions are the hardest.

I can always let the SOHC live on in a white Sport :D

well lindsy, it took more then two weeks to paint (been busy with other toys for evil, there's a fine line from owning a truck and a truck owning you!). so, as promised, here is a picture of jacks wing on evil.

The wing looks good. I think it would look better on my Explorer though. :D

Also picked up these beauties
IMG00593-20090623-2251_Small_.jpg

Good choice. Make sure to go HID if you don't have a set already. HIDs work extremely well with the projectors. :thumbsup:

Celly, if it comes with two small black boxes attached to the backside, does that mean they're already set up for HID? I wasn't 100% sure when I ordered mine, I know they say they're capable of it...

Celly, if it comes with two small black boxes attached to the backside, does that mean they're already set up for HID? I wasn't 100% sure when I ordered mine, I know they say they're capable of it...

Two black boxes? I don't recall mine having black boxes (not to say they didn't). They didn't come with HID when I got them. I fitted an existing setup I had to my lights.

Where did you order them from? I can't see them throwing in HIDs for free. Mine came with a couple of halogen H1 bulbs on each side (one for low/projector, one for high/reflector).

Got any pics of these "black boxes"?

Very awesome thread! Your plans are somewhat inline with mine. I would like to do something about the suspension as well. The stock IFS SUCKS for lowered applications. A 4 link rear is also on my list.

For motor I was thinking one or two turbos would be fun, but who knows. haha Manual trans swap would be cool as well.

I am definitely excited to see how things turn out with this beast.

I will be too... if I can ever actually get things moving :fire: Meatball's room mate graciously offered to let me use their shop for a weekend to tear Jack apart but scheduling conflicts have been keeping me from taking up his offer thus far. Andy is apparently pretty busy with a new job so he hasn't had time for me to bring Frank down to him and start the teardown either. Total Performance had some trouble locating a correct balancer to make my mutant 28 oz'er so I haven't gotten that OR my Powerdyne yet... *frustrated*

*sigh* Patience patience. Celly, I'll get a shot of my mystery black boxes on my day off, k?

On a side note, I finally got my Blackjack tattoo started. The final coloring takes place this Tuesday, I'll post pics when it's done if anyone actually wants to see them. I'm really tickled that my artist transferred my work almost exactly the way I drew it :)

5614_1078162079860_1400494713_30190506_2282930_n.jpg

that is one awesome tattoo... I love it.. I'd love something like that...

Si

The black boxes are the inverters or whatever for the halos. They are cold cathodes in that version of the headlight. The other version just uses two LEDs.

HIDs are a must!

The black boxes are the inverters or whatever for the halos. They are cold cathodes in that version of the headlight. The other version just uses two LEDs.

HIDs are a must!

I should have looked at the photo of the lights more carefully. I see now that they are the same ones Jamie has which are different than mine.

Yeah, what Todd said. :D

Back