New door vinyl!

AdamsGuitar

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Bauer
Forget painting the interior, go with new vinyl! I did and I think it turned out well. Click here for a complete writeup and more pictures. Here are two pictures of the doors (the rear doors are done in similar fashion):

004.jpg
001.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks awesome Adam! You talked me into doing it! I'm gonna try and match mine to the silver on my radio surround. That'd look alright, right?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but as long as it matches, it should look good. Just make sure it's not two shades of silver ;) Either the same silver or something totally different, I'd say.

I mean a more silvery color than the current gray interior. So it matches this:

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 604

Ah, ok.

What are you going to try to match? The vents? The door vinyl? I think you're gonna have a hard time finding silver vinyl :cool:

Yeah.. we'll see. I want to match the doors and center console lid to that silver. If its possible. :rolleyes:

If it is, that's cool, I've just never seen anything that's flexible be silver (I probably have, just can't think of anything). I can pretty much say you won't find any silver vinyl, but maybe some vinyl paint or "dye". Still dunno how it would look. Let us know how it goes, though!

howd you get the carpet on the bottom of the door black? spray paint, or something special? I rewrapped mine in new vinyl, and i totally agree that is the way to go. Just got done painting my speaker grilles today too, so this carpet is next on my list.

Most decent auto parts stores will have carpet/upholstery paint. Just pick up a can. 1 can should do 2 doors. Just be sure to tape well. If you do have overspray, a brillo pad or similar product should take it off of the plastic. The sooner you catch it, the better, but I was able to get it off after three days of drying. I guess carpet paint doesn't work well on plastic :D

Back