new exhaust tip - what do you think? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new exhaust tip - what do you think?

Jellysick

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited
Hey all,

Been a while since I have posted, but I'm still here. Anyways, I just had a stainless steel exhaust tip put on today, I wanted some opinions. Should go nicely with the Stull Billet grills that will be put on this week!

http://s94685991.onlinehome.us/exhausttip/index.htm

:chug: cheers

John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice :) Put some kind of polish on it regularly cause these things get eaten up so fast when they're right behind the tire, I've got a similar application and didn't put a whole lot of effort into keeping it clean so it was pretty nasty after a year or so :banghead:

they get eaten up even if they are stainless steel instead of chrome?? I was under the impression that the Stainless would be fine... Eh, either way I'll throw some polish on it.
Thanks for the suggestion

Nice truck!
It gets eaten no matter what finish it has, rocks chip metal, plain and simple...
stainless is better because chrome is just a finish, stainless is stainless all the way through. Once the chrome is chipped off the rust will come, with stainless, just wipe clean....

I have similar tips on mine. I had to drill a hole in the bottom of the tip at the end to let the condesate drip out. That way it doesnt stain the tip. Yours may be different but I thought I would mention it. Looks very nice by the way......

Back