New Project: 1959 Willy's Station Wagon | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Project: 1959 Willy's Station Wagon

JTX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
My Dad has been wanting to build up a 4x4 for a while. Well here it is, a 1959 Willy's Station Wagon. He got it for $600 off ebay. More pics after we pick it up this weekend!

e6e912tk4.jpg

eb1012id1.jpg

f6da12ev1.jpg

f10d12cr2.jpg

ec3512cy7.jpg

d49812oe4.jpg

5f0f12aw8.jpg

He had one in high school and has wanted another one for a while now. Gonna be pretty sweet!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man that is a awesome buy.

It he going to start right away on it or take his time on it

Not to sure, im gonna talk to him when he gets home from work and see. Theres some bad ass ones on pirate. I think 35's and a V8 will be :cool:

Yeah i have seen some on Pirate.

I like the wagons. There just cool. Good Luck on the project

AWESOME!!!:salute:

That wagon is hot JTX (you belong in heaven)

Picked it up today! I'll get some pictures tomorrow!

I like the old Willy's wagons. Good choice for a project:chug:

Nice! One of these years we may build up one too, my Dad likes them as well. Where did you have to go to get it? Looks like a good deal.

35s and a v8 sounds like a solid plan and can do alot of trails around here. Axles? Fullwidths?

It was in Magdelna so it wasn't far at all! Im not sure my Dad knows what his plan is yet. Should be pretty sweet though.

Very nice find. They are a lot of fun to build up. Quite a lot of parts available for them these days too.

"Brian1", the link to the Willys wagon build up is mine. I just happened upon this site when I typed in "Exporing in a Willys Wagon" to see what came up. It was pretty cool to see my build link.

JTX, I would love to follow the build. Let me know if you post it anywhere.

"Brian1", the link to the Willys wagon build up is mine. I just happened upon this site when I typed in "Exporing in a Willys Wagon" to see what came up. It was pretty cool to see my build link. www.idaho4x4.com

Cool, welcome to the site!

Haven't checked back in a while. How is your project coming along?

Mine is almost done!! SO much work!!!! But I am having the best time I have ever had on any of my builds.

I am driving back over to Oregon this Saturday to pick up the body and all parts. They have all been acid dipped, P-coated, and primed with DP90 expoxy primer (black).

Here is the frame.

Chassis2.jpg

No more hi-jacking from me.

I hope to see your build details soon. You have a sweet looking wagon to build off of. I hope this gives you some inspiration!!:p:

We havent even messed with it.. lol.. I've been trying to get my exploder going.

Yours is looking sick! My dad has been following your build closely. I'm trying to talk him into running some meater tires like you.

Thanks for the update! Post some pics when you get the body on!

I sure will. I am leaving here at 2 am on Saturday morning and I should be back by midnight. I can't wait to get the body back and see what it looks like with everything in black. I also bought all new smoked glass and new weatherstripping throughout. Woohoo!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Willys are awesome. My bumper is off of one!

Grillz.jpg

Back